Chapter 8

Fantasy POV

The crowd cheered with glee and triumph as they stood from the bleachers to celebrate our first win of the season. The beautiful purple spirit color was all around the gym and even yet, the mascot was the happiest. The bobcat ran around jumping and even dancing. The basketball team crowded around coach and celebrated as the cheerleaders rushed to their friends. It was nice seeing everyone be so happy and I couldn't be more proud of Rich and Shaun for doing such a good job tonight.

I got lost in a crowd full of people and screaming girls before I saw coach Coleman's face light up with excitement. She finally was smiling for once. Her strong arms pulled me in for a hug as well as the cheerleaders.

Coach: good job Fantasy. Thanks for all the extra time and work you put in with these girls. We looked great tonight.

Riley: yeah we did, really. Its a shame that Brittany couldn't make it but the point is that we managed without her.

Now I can understand that Brittany was mad about not getting to perform, but she could at least show up for her so called boyfriend. If that was me, I would want to support him at everything he does. I could only imagine what she was doing now. Probably paying too much attention to her hair or nails. My thoughts faded away once I seen him run over to me. Rich followed behind him and to see them both happy is what really made the night.

Shaun: thank you so much Fantasy. The studying really helped. If it wasn't for you I would have been on the bench the whole game.

Rich: i'm surprised you can teach this dumb fool anything. But we're starting off great and tonight we'll be going to the new restaurant downtown. You guys should come along.

Jamie danced her way around us. Her big black curls smacked me in my face. She had her soda in her hand along with her phone, she wore a Jersey she made to support Rich with jeans and heels. She was the only girl I knew that would wear heels to a basketball game.

Jamie: food is my middle name baby! Lets go eat!

Me: let me just get my stuff and change out the locker room. I'll be back.

I grabbed my pom poms  from my spot on the bleachers and headed back into the locker room. I pushed open the heavy purple doors and saw no one, just empty lockers. My locker was #266. All the way to the back of the room. I grabbed my cheer jacket, shoes and the rest of my things before I heard sounds coming from the back of the locker room. I looked around the corner and saw no one. Probably just the air conditioner. But it seemed like someone was throwing up or coughing really bad. My black duffle bag slung across my body as I walked to the back where the restrooms where.

A girl with a big bun of blonde hair and a pink tracksuit sitting before the toilet with pills right in her hand. Only brittany peterson could wear that much pink and pull it off.

Me: brittany? Is that you?

She attempted to turn around but ended up throwing up on herself. I grabbed the towel that was on the floor and tried to help her but as prissy as she was, she pushed me off.

brittany: you can't just rub this off on a gucci tracksuit. Why are you in here anyway?

Me: i'm just trying to help. You look really pale and I think you-

Brittany: I don't care what you think. I think you should mind your fucking business.

Me: listen you've been acting strange lately, just tell the squad whats wrong with you?

Brittany: there's nothing wrong with me. Just a little sick. And I heard you were the one that told coach about my behavior. Listen here Fantasia, don't worry about me, what i'm doing is my concern. Just for that I'm suspended from cheering.