Chapter 40

Mag floated on cloud nine. Yesterday was incredible! She and Adam spent the night watching horror movies and cuddling until they fell asleep on the couch together. 

She didn't think this day would ever come but it did. They were slowly transitioning into something more and Mag would enjoy every second of it. They were woken up by Sage and Sky returning from their day at the beach as Adam sat up and rubbed his eyes. 

He looked down at her lovingly planting a kiss on her forehead that she wished were her lips. She had to remind herself to take things slow but it has been a while since she felt the touch of a man or a kiss. 

"Hey guys." Adam said sleepily and stretched his arms out.

Mag looked at Adam grinning then at Sky whose arm were around Sage's neck while he held her up on his back. "Hey you love birds."

"Hey my lovely guardians! How was the date?"

Adam sat up against the couch and covered his body with the blanket chuckling. "It was very lovely. We had a wonderful time."

"Yeah, I heard them snoring all the way from my room." Tony said with a grumble and walked downstairs to grab some coffee.

Everything went so great, she completely forgot about Tony. Actually, she was shocked he didn't ruin it or come by beating his chest like a caveman claiming to be more of a man than Adam. Yesterday was very much filled with pleasant surprises.

Sage laughed and walked to the kitchen sitting Sky on the counter. "Well that's great. It smells good in here."

They finished all their food but had plenty of extras for anyone else who wanted the food Adam had catered. 

"I had a great time and hey, I was tired." Mag said stretching.

"Yay! That means y'all are gonna be doing the do soon." Sky said excitedly as she ate a plate of the heated up leftovers.

Adam laughed and wrapped his arm around Mag's shoulder with a smile. He was so handsome and looked drop dead gorgeous in his outfit last night. Mouthwatering didn't begin to cover it. 

"No, none of that. We're just taking it day by day and seeing how things work." 

Mag sighed but nodded in agreement. She understood his need to take things slow and she would but it didn't mean she didn't crave him. Wanting him to kiss her or show some kind of affection. 

"Well that's good you two are trying it out. The cave can get spiderwebs so it's time to clean it up!" Sage said with a smile while sharing some food with Sky. 

Mag's face heated up with embarrassment from the now 'too happy' couple who enjoyed their digs at her... cave. "Skylar! Sage! Oh goodness you're embarrassing me!" She hid under Adam's side as he laughed but held her close. 

"These kids are so out of touch with understanding older folks its ridiculous. No worries, I know you don't have any spiders or bats in your cave."

Mag giggled and pinched his arm softly. "Why, thank you."

Adam kissed her cheek again and stood up. "Just being a gentleman. I have some things to attend to. I'll see you tonight." He walked to hug Sky then went upstairs to his room leaving Mag alone with the heathens. 

"Let's get you and our baby pebble some sleep. We've been out all night." 

Sage kissed Sky sweetly and carried her upstairs with Mag watching in awe. In a way, she always wanted a child and a loving husband. The dream of it was put on hold since she focused on surviving the next day and keeping the Garcia's family happy as part of her job. Now she wanted it more than ever but it seemed like a part of her was always missing it more and more each day.