Chapter 22

Part 2

Sky sat in the SUV with Michelle, Tony, and Zay as they headed for the road for what would seem to be hours. Doc gave her more water which ebbed the pain of her throat and some medication for her stomach. She needed to get some rest to heal from the pump procedure, so she'd take it light and slow. Especially since she's pregnant. 

Once she got in the car, she immediately apologized to everyone for scaring them, knowing the pain she put them through from her suicide attempt. 

"Yeah, what was that about?" Tony said as he drove.

"A moment of weakness." 

Sky smiled at the picture of her baby's ultrasound and couldn't help the swell of happiness she felt. A little human being was growing inside of her. It was a miracle the baby even survived after what she did. No more slip ups. This baby was counting on her to be strong and healthy. 

"What's that?" 

Zay leaned over to look at the picture. 

"I have to be strong now." She said and handed the picture to him and laid her head on his shoulder. 

"You've always been strong sis." He looked at the picture, still confused on what to make of it. "What is this? Some weird alien dream picture?"

"What? Let me see." Michelle snatched the picture then gasped loud. "Oh my God. Is this... are you?"

"Did you just say alien?" She laughed then looked at Michelle taking the picture back fixing the creases. "Don't rip it! And yes, a few days pregnant."

"Wait, you're pregnant? With Sage's baby?" Tony said aghast.

"Sage? Is that Boss's name? You're together!" Michelle screeched.

"You're pregnant? OMG a drug prince or princess!" Zay exclaimed excitedly.

This is not going well.

Sky rubbed her head and groaned. "Yes, it's Sage's baby and nobody says a word. I want to tell him myself!" She looked at Zay incredulously then laughed. "And yes Zay. A prince or princess."

"Uh.. That's gonna be a problem." Michelle said cautiously.

"What's going to be a problem?"

Tony cleared his voice and glanced at the rearview mirror to look at Sky. "Sage is out the country. He went to Italy to confront Victoria and Ortiz. They flew out for a business meeting for family or something."

"Well shit. When is he coming back?"

"Not sure. He comes back when he's ready."

"Great." 

She rolled her eyes and huffed. Just what she needed. Her life changing news had to wait to tell Sage, the one person who she needed most of all. 

"But I told him about what happened and he's going to call you on a burner phone once you're home."

"Okay. I guess I'll tell him over the phone then."

Tony sounded a little uncomfortable when he spoke to her again. "Um, remember when I drove you to the house and you couldn't see the road because I knocked you out?"

Sky side glanced him then nodded. "Yeah, I remember. What about it?"

"I'm gonna need you to knock out by sleeping because you can't see the road. Rules are rules."

Unbelievable. 

"Fine." At least she was given the warning and being able to sleep instead of getting hit on the head. She was tired anyway. Zay leaned back against the seat letting Sky lay her head on his lap. She dozed off in a second.