Chapter 3

Different day, same shit. He hated days like this. Why can't people just stick to the damn job? Always going after their own greedy needs. It made his job hard and deals with other contacts much harder. His allies needed to be assured that all of his people were loyal, trustworthy. People, like this worthless piece of shit, made his crew look suspicious. When it comes to suspicions, his contacts or allies started to snoop or doubt his abilities of being a leader. The last thing he needed was one of his contacts to back out of a deal because of a loose lip dumb ass who thought it was okay to tell another drug dealer his business. Well, now that piece of shit traitor will lay in the bed he made; so to speak. Can't find good accountants these days. Always looking for money.

The ride to the alley felt like hours. Which it was. Three hours to be exact. It was too risky to do these jobs around the house. Too many lookers and gossipers. It had to be private and quick. Time is money and precious. Once his driver pulled into an alley next to Don's Pizzeria, he got out the car and waited on one side of the brick wall. His two men grabbed the double-crossing man out of the trunk and dragged him in front of the garbage bin. The man was scared; the smell of fear reeked on him which was too strong. It was that and the smell of piss coming from his pants. He kept trying to speak through the rope against his mouth and even though Sage shouldn't, curiosity got the best of him. 

"Take it off." One of his men went towards his former accountant and pulled the rope down to around his neck.

"Please. Please Boss I won't say another word. He.. he asked me to tell him! He was torturing me and I didn't want to but I had no choice. Please, give me another chance." He pleaded. 

The man had no dignity. No balls. No courage. No loyalty. It was all lies. No way could he just walk into another dealer's property that was hours away from theirs and suddenly be tortured. Sage made sure to locate their drug operation miles away where only his closest contacts knew where he was located. It was in the middle of a forest preserve and miles away from the road unless someone was stupid enough to travel that far from civilization. It was heavily guarded and he always knew the whereabouts of anyone who left the area. 

That's how he knew. His trusted partner, Spider, told him the location of his dear accountant. The second he knew, the man's fate was made. Sage ordered him beaten and bounded for his crime of disloyalty. It took him away from his normal duties which made this an even bigger pain in the ass to do. He also lived long enough to know what torture looked like and felt like. His lying accountant had no signs of torture except for what his men did to the little shit. He could smell bullshit a mile away. 

 "What did you tell him?"

"Nothing I swear. I swear!"

Fuck. He was gonna make this difficult to get the truth out. Fine, this wasn't his first rodeo. Sage walked up to the man and whispered in his ear what he would do to him if he didn't tell him the truth. Little threats here and there but it did the trick like it normally does. 

"Okay, okay. I.. I just told him the amounts of your supply. How many kilos you had in stock and the people supervising them. That's it I promise."

"That's too much." He nodded his head for the rope to be placed back on his mouth and watched as he screamed through the rope for mercy. Times like this he really did feel exhausted to have to do these jobs for every traitor that tried to hide from him. He had people who counted on him. People who looked up to him for control and security. The last thing he needed was to let someone like him go because they wanted to make a quick buck. It would ruin his credibility. The work he built to make his name known, it would be all for nothing if his competitors knew what to do to match his standard. 

He came too far to be on the low end of the spectrum again. In this life, you live loyal or die a coward. No mercy unless you wanted to be known as weak. Weakness was used as an advantage for anyone so easily, it was child's play. The day Sage was looked at as weak was the day his coffin would be buried into the ground. With him in it.