Chapter 33

Part 3

Sky raced through traffic, swerving around the numerous cars that were flooding the highway. Zay texted her the directions and landmarks that surrounded the house once she found her charger and plugged the burner phone back to life. He mentioned that he memorized it by heart from Tony just in case something happened to him and needed to find his way back. It helped navigate the area towards the destination, so Sky wasn't complaining.

She felt Chase's drive course through her veins once she made it a mile to the house in record time. From where she sat, it was chaos. Guns were going off in a blaze at every direction, people's screams were so loud it sounded like a warzone, and the house looked utterly destroyed. It looked like a haunted mansion to scare kids for Halloween except all of it was real. Blood splattered the windows in every room with gun shots chipping away at the them. Shards of glass were on the ground from some of the shot up windows. The top of the house had a chunk taken out of it from an explosion and bodies were laid on the lawn with a few of them sticking out of the main door.  

Sky was terrified about whether Zay made it out or not and from the looks of it, his chances were slim. 

She parked the car deep within the forest where the trees blocked its view from plain sight. Running fast towards the house and trying her best not to be seen, Sky quickly looked around her surroundings to find a way inside where it wasn't heavily guarded. A reek smell of decay and rot hit her nose when she looked down and found a dead corpse. 

Bullet holes were in the man's chest and head and a semi-automatic pistol was left on his person. Sky held in the bile that threatened to come out and swallowed it down. Now was not the time to throw up. 

She quickly withdrew his weapon and checked to see if there were bullets inside it. Luckily for her, it was fully loaded. Unlucky for him since he didn't get a chance to shoot his weapon. 

Sky set her phone on silent and walked stealthily around the house. She hid behind the corners of the house and heard footsteps leave from the backdoor. Now was her chance. Making a quiet entrance, Sky walked inside the house with her gun aimed and ready. The stairs were still in tact except for the blood that covered it and a couple of bodies on them.

Creeping up the stairs, Sky looked into each room and hid within a couple rooms to not be seen when she heard someone come towards her. She was almost near Zay's room.

"Hey!" Sky turned to see a man aiming his gun up towards her from the bottom of the stairs. She pointed the gun at him and made a clean shot on his forehead. His body crumpled down on the ground and she kept moving down the hall until she heard a voice in Zay's room.

"Found ya kid. Game over."

Zay! 

Zay's voice screamed as Sky ran inside the room and aimed her gun at the man who held his gun towards Zay's head. She pulled the trigger twice on the man's forehead, watching his body fall on the ground in front of a wide-eyed Zay.

She held him up and grabbed the unused gun from the man giving it to him. "Where's Tony and Sage?"

"I-I don't know. I think the medical lab." He wiped his face from the man's blood and hugged Sky tight.

They didn't have time for it but she was glad to see him again, even under these circumstances. His body was bigger and more muscled than when she last saw him. His hair grew longer and he looked more stressed with bags under his eyes.

Sky vaguely remembered the way to the medical lab when Sage brought her there for birth control pills and to check if she was pregnant. 

"Come on, I stole a car and parked it a mile down."