Chapter 9

It was a dry, dark night with the moonlight shining downing on the deserted road. The only source of light that was shown was the seven luxurious cars on the dried grass with its riders near them except for the two cars that were on the road getting ready to race. Sage had absolute faith this was going to be another win. His driver had skills and it showed every time. It gave their crew complete confidence to where they relaxed against the cars and talked amongst themselves. 

The other crew was ready to fight rather than race. They stared at his crew as if they suspected them to hide cards in poker. Sage understood their suspicions since their top driver led a history of wins. Since the first day he came up to Sage and demanded he raced, he didn't bat an eye at his confidence to win because he kept his promise.

Sage went to his winning driver and stood next to his red and black Koenigsegg Agera RS. It was his favorite with its fiery red exterior and black as ink interior. 

"Ready partner?" Sage asked.

"Hell yeah. I have never been more ready in my life! Let's start this race." Chase said, practically bouncing in the car in excitement with his black racing suit outlined in blue stripes and blue shades to match. Sage always nagged him to wear a helmet in case things got dirty but he always refused. 

He was focused and driven which Sage never doubted. It was always like this with Chase. He gave off the energy of a ravenous bull ready to charge and take on the next competitor. There were several times where Sage didn't think he would make it in a race but he was always proved wrong with the tricks Chase had up his sleeve. 

"I can't wait to show Sky this car. She's gonna freak when she sees this."

The famous Sky. 

Chase talked about her before every race. Whether its about the car he's driving that she would love or the little prayers she made before he raced. He loved his little sister and always put his best effort to win for her. Chase never did mention his secret life to Sky, so its no doubt she would not approve of his life but that was his problem. Sage wondered if he'll meet this Sky one day.

"She will love it and probably more if you don't get it scratched. Again."

Chase rolled his eyes, "Yeah I know. I'm still practicing on those sharp turns to make it clean but don't judge. Perfection comes with practice." He wiggled his eyebrows and smiled his charming smile that made just about every girl swoon, both on their crew and others. 

Sage rolled his eyes and chuckled, "Just get her back in one piece."

"Got it boss. I'll see you at the finish line." Chase saluted and Sage walked over to Tony and sat on the hood of the SUV waiting for the race to begin. 

Their competitor, Ramos crew, played dirty. Always trying to make shortcuts or cheat their way out into winning. They had a race a few months back and once they lost to Chase, Ramos kept begging for a rematch for double the money. Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. It was a lot of money to ride on a race but Chase was too good and would win and Sage didn't doubt it. He was still antsy about racing against them since their history of almost killing a man during a race that they claimed was faulty mechanics but Chase, as always, was determined.  

One of the girls on the Ramos crew stood between the cars and raised her arms signaling the drivers to start their engines. It was Chase's favorite part as he roared the Agera to life making the car vibrate with the same anticipation to drive the owner had as well. As the girl threw her arms towards the ground, they were off.