Chapter 23

Dad hugged Sky fiercely then kissed her cheek before standing back to look at her with a worried expression on his face. 

Then, he blew his top.

"Oh sweetheart I've missed you. Now, what are you talking about? Who took you? What are the names? And what do you mean you're not going to college? What's going on with you?" He sighed and took a hold of her shoulders. "I know I haven't been affectionate or attentive to you since what happened to... to your brother. But having no education is no way to live your life. You need knowledge honey. Now, let's go to the police station and get this report on the bastards that took you."

Sky panicked. If she reported Sage, there will be more hell than ever before. Regardless of what Sage told her, she loved him and their messed up family down there. She couldn't possibly turn any of them in and she wouldn't. 

"NO! I mean no dad, I'm fine. I will get an education just not this way. I promise but I can't tell on them. They're like family to me now especially since.. well.. I'm in love with one of them."

Her dad looked not only confused but furious. She didn't think this through. At all.

"What did they do to you? Were you forced to take drugs? I know an excellent doctor and we can get you checked." He held her cheek with tears filling his eyes. "Were you.. touched? Did they hurt my little girl? I'll kill them all I swear it!"

It broke Sky's heart to see him like this. Of course he didn't know what happened. He's in complete dad mode and anything Sky would say to him would push him towards the edge of destruction to them. But she would try to reason with him if that's what it took to protect the people she cared about. Zay, Tony, Sage, and even Michelle.

"Dad, dad." She hugged him, needing his comfort and love as more words started to spill out of her mouth. "They didn't hurt me, didn't drug me either. They fed me, kept me clothed and everything. I'm okay I was having a hard time in college. Nobody liked me but with them I feel like I have my own family. We're all different but that's what makes us close. I really did fall in love and with my consent we did things and I'm a week pregnant."

She heard him gasp and his body tensed. Oh shit.

"You're a what! Pregnant! Those kidnappers impregnant you?" He pulled away from her then balled up his fists. "That's it. You're not leaving this house and I am calling the cops and the doctor. No daughter of mine will be birthing from a kidnapping rapist! Carol, I'll be back!" 

He walked out the door and slammed it before getting in his car to drive off. 

This wasn't happening. Please, no!

"Dad!" She ran out the door watching him drive off hastily down the street. Her body felt like ice as she paced the floor trying to figure out what to do. She knew she caused his panic and that was the last thing she wanted to do. 

"Oh, now what?" Carol walked downstairs in her sparkly gold dress and clacking heels. "Where's he going?"

Just what she needed. More problems.

"Why do you care?" An idea popped into head as she raced out the door to the garage to see his other car parked. Thank you! Relieved she knew how to hotwire, she went to the car and opened it then reached under the wheel to combine two wires together to get the car started. After a couple of tries, the car came to life and Sky sat in the seat and drove off hearing Carol screech after her.

Her phone rang, thinking it was Sage or her dad, she answered. "Hello?"

"Where are you going? Come back this instant!" Carol exclaimed.