[73] Stunned

[73] STUNNED

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"We're here," anunsyo ni Fifth pagkarating nila sa tapat ng bahay ng mga Rivera. Marahil hindi siya narinig ni Gail dahil hindi man lang ito gumalaw sa pwesto niya. Nanatili lang siyang nakatulala sa labas ng bintana ng kotseng lulan nila.

Sinubukan niyang lumapit ng bahagya sa kanya at inilapat niya ang kanyang kaliwang kamay sa balikat nito. Napabuntong-hininga siya nang umigtad si Gail.

"Crystal---" He trailed off as Gail opened the door on her side and stepped out of the car without looking back. 

Fifth quickly followed her out and grabbed her by the wrist. "Crystal, I'm sorry."

He apologized for being so harsh to her awhile ago. He felt guilty toward his actions to her. I shouldn't have done that, he thought.

Crystal didn't move nor speak. She stayed there as though she was a lifeless thing.

"... Sorry, I did not mean to yell at you. I was... was just upset," he explained defensively. The truth is he was really mad at what she was doing behind his back. He let her stay the night with that man yet he did not think that they'd gone this far.

Crystal couldn't hold back her tears anymore. She struggled on his grip and turned to face him.

"Ano bang kasalanan ko sa inyo para pahirapan niyo ako ng ganito?" she asked, her lips trembling. "Sobra na. Nasasakal na ako..."

Fifth stared at her anxiously. He did not know what to say. Well, at least, he tried to make her happy even just for a night but he didn't think that this would turn out the situation more complicated.

"C... Crystal---"

His words cut off when Crystal sat down the floor, sobbing endlessly like some little kid who was left by her parents. He felt like an idiot upon seeing her hurting because of him.

"Please, hindi ko na kaya, Fifth. Nagmamakaawa ako, pakawalan mo na ako. Hirap na hirap na ako," she said as tears stream down her cheeks. Fifth just stood still while seeing her weep. "... Tulungan mo ako. 'Wag mo n...naman akong pahirapan."

Fifth noticed a black van coming inside the gate. He was sure that it's Gail's father so he swiftly got on his knee and held Gail's arm to stand.

"Let's go. I'll take you to your room," he whispered but Crystal heard nothing but her own sobs.

"F...Fifth, please."

He tilted his head to his side and hissed when he saw the man getting off the car. "Crystal, let's go," he pulled her to stand but she did not move. He just wanted to take her to her room for her to get rid off Mr. Rivera's anger. He knows that she's exhausted from what happened this day and he doesn't want her to get another painful words especially from her dad.

"Crystal, let's go..."

He almost carried her but Mr. Rivera was too quick to approach them.

"TO MY OFFICE... NOW!!" Mr. Rivera ordered with full authority that make Gail's knees tremble.

Fifth walked along with her to Mr. Rivera's office. His arms wrapped across her waist for support and as much as she struggled from the touch, he would not let her go. He wanted to go with her inside but Mr. Rivera did not allow him to.

"Travis, please leave us two. My daughter and I need to talk," the man said with his hard expression on. Fifth just gave a nod before stepping out of the room full of books.

Silence occupied the four corners of the room. No one dared to speak first. His dad stared at her sternly and all the while, she kept her head down not meeting his gaze.