Chapter 5

The next day I woke to my doorbell. I ran down the stairs, knowing my parents weren't home. I opened the door to meet a blushing Adam.

"hey-" he said, "we kind of need to chat." I pulled the door open more and allowed him inside. As I shut the door I saw my clothing, shorts and a sports bra. very attractive, I thought.

"so what's up?" I asked yawning and heading to the floral couch. I looked at Adam as he stood awkwardly. "come sit." I said patting the seat near me. I yawned again and so did Adam and then he laughed and sat by me, casually.

"last night, was a huge misunderstanding. I was just having a little-" he stumbled, "get together and we um, kind of hate outsiders coming in to our group or spying, but I kinda can trust you I guess just don't go snooping next time ok?"

"ok... but what were you doing out there?" I cocked my head and yawned again.

"I... we-" he paused and looked shocked, "you have a squirrel in your house!" he started to pull me away from the couch and toward the door. I turned and saw Ubi sitting on a stair tiredly.

i smiled, "oh please, Adam, really?" I went over to Ubi and picked her up she cried and snuggled into my chest she took my hair and played with it while I walked over to Adam, still by the door. "This is Ubi and she's my pet. she's known as a sugar glider or sugar bear for short." I smiled as she took in Adam’s appearance. she sniffed the air and then went back to my hair.

"She adorable! may I hold her?" he asked with a sparkle in his eye. I laughed and pulled him over to the couch.

"here" I said handing Ubi to Adam. Ubi cried and Adam looked at me.

Why is she crying? what did I do?"

I laughed and said, “snuggle her in to your chest and cuddle her and then she'll stop whining." I grinned at Adam as he obeyed and pulled Ubi toward his chest she was still fighting to get back to me but she calmed down and gave up. he smiled wickedly. "come with me and we'll give her breakfast."

"Ok!" I laughed because Adam looked super happy with Ubi. we walked to the kitchen as i asked,

"did you eat breakfast?"

"Nope. Not yet. kinda was told to get up and talk to you." he laughed awkwardly and sat at a bar seat. Ubi looked around and jumped out of Adams arms to the little pillow I made as a seating area for Ubi on the bar. i gathered so grapes and strawberries and cut up a banana while Ubi whined because she was hungry and eager for food. I gave Ubi the saucer plate of fruit and she greedily munched on a grape.

"sorry," I said, "if I didn’t take care of her first she would start to eat the table. he laughed. "do you want cereal, eggs, pancakes, or-"

"Cereal is fine," he winked and I giggled. I headed back to the fridge for milk and set it on the bar. Then I headed to the cabinet and then grabbed all the cereal we had. Adam laughed at me because I was having a hard time carrying the boxes.

"here let me help," he said while getting up and grabbing all the boxes and putting them on the bar.

I smiled and felt pathetic because I had no muscle.

Adam looked at me and I looked at him. he walked toward me as if in slow motion. he touched his hand to my cheek sending a feeling through my body that made my heart pump faster.

lub-dub, lub-dub, lub-dub.

He leaned in to close the distance between our mouths but what surprised me was the fact that i went to meet his lips too. I smiled into the kiss as Adam smiled too.

"I like you Autumn, and even though I’m jays friend doesn’t mean that I won't compete for you. You're a beautiful girl and I want you to be mine."

"Adam, I... I-"

he cut me off, "I know you don’t feel the same now but we can hang out more, please try."

I half smiled and said, "okay, I’ll try."

oh. my. gosh. I’m screwed!