Chapter 17

• Dedicated to kraken

Chapter 18

In not even 24 hours and I went up by 600+ reads! How awesome is that?

So I randomly picked one of my fans that commented on my last chapter to dedicate this to.

So here’s to all my fans but mostly: Kraken!

Long live the Kraken! ;]

ENJOYYYYY! Next chapter will be dedicated to a random fan who writes a comment again!

P.S. iL0ve2read is like the number one fan right now. She basically wrote the next chapter for me but! I made sure she had something to look forward to so! Without further A’do and don’t forget to vote and fan!

**************************************

*Autumn POV*

I woke with a start and looked around this room that I had been so kindly put in. It was white, like a hospital. I looked around and saw flowers everywhere and a duck was by the window. I sat up and shuffled to the end of the bed and shakily stood; my two feet begging me to sit back down. I walked to the window and spied the duck. It was the only stuffed animal I ever kept.

It was the one that Ashton had given me. He gave it to me before college was going to start in the fall. It was two months before his eighteenth birthday and he came in to the room with it. I smiled and he beamed from ear to ear,

“What’s this?” I had asked as he handed the duck over.

“It’s a duck!” he exclaimed happily.

I snorted, “Obviously, why are you giving me it?”

He sighed and I placed it on the bed with my other bunches of stuffed animals that I always had there, to stare at me. “I figured that if I gave you this you’d know that I’d have to come back because this is my favorite stuffed animal in the world. So until I get done with college I want you to babysit Mr. Quackers for me.” I had laughed and giggled at his childishness.

“Okay, I’ll babysit, but it’s not like I need anymore. I have so many! He had looked over my shoulder to my bed and his smile wavered.

“One day that’s all you’ll need.” I smirked and playfully hit his arm while he whined and had screamed like a pansy.

I heard footsteps and then voices speak as I held my dead brother’s favorite stuffed animal.

“How is she?” a deep, husky male voice asked.

“Still out like a light,” a female had said. She sounded kind of tired and like a grown up.

“Does she feel anything?” another male voice said as my forehead heated up. I touched my forehead but it was quickly retreating. I felt a soothing sensation on my hand and I tried to scratch at it.

“No, she doesn’t feel the pain but we think that she might be able to hear, but we’re not too sure,” the woman had said again, but I heard her footsteps retreat. Who is she talking about? Where is she? I don’t see her? Who are these boys? I’m so confused!

“Hey Autumn, everyone is missing you. So you should wake up. I feel foolish but I’d do anything to wake you up. You know I would. You’re my best friend.” Jay? It’s Jay! Never thought I’d be so happy to hear his voice! I laughed aloud and the tingle sensation was still bugging my hand.

“Leave me the freak alone!” I shouted aloud as I scratched my hand. I heard an odd noise and looked around. It sounded like a cell phone vibrating. Hmm. The feeling left my hand and I sighed thankfully.