Chapter 7

Song of the week:

She's so high by Tal Bachman 

***************************************** 

25Days left*** 

20 days left**  

Things have been bad at Lydia’s home. so she gonna stay with me for a while. maybe she could move in and it would be less lonely. 

13 days left** 

Lydia is still with us and my parents are thinking about letting her move in.  

12 days left** 

Lydia moves in this week. I’m so excited!

----------------------------------------------

Lydia will be a junior this year as will I. We like the same clothes but I’m a bit more edgy.

Her 3 qualities?

-Smart [as hell]

-Always smiles [no matter what]

-Attracts men [like a magnet]

My 3 qualities?

-[way too] Curious

-Loves water

-Plays piano

I shut my diary as Lydia skips in to my room. she walks to my bed and jumps up next to me.

"lets go to the pool," Lydia says smiling.

I hesitate but then say, "it's kind of cold dont cha think?"

she laughs and grabs my hand and pulls me in to her room and hands me a bikini, "put it on." she says.

"no way," I state dropping it to the floor and running in to mine. I slam the door and lock it. she pounds on the door with her fist and I yell, "Stop! I’ll come, but I’m wearin my one piece!" she huffs and puffs but she mumbles something incoherent. I change in to my dark blue one piece with my old academy's logo on it. I smile and trace the elliptical design. I grab my towel and some sweat pants with a matching grey sweater. I see Lydia waiting outside my door. we head down the stairs and Lydia misses the last stair.

I laugh, "you'll get use to it," I say "trust me. it took me forever."

she smiles and throws me the keys.

***

" MY FIRST KISS WENT A LITTLE LIKE THIS! AND TWIST!"

Lydia and I laughed as I turned down the radio and turned in to the parking lot of the YMCA.

We ran to the front doors of the building because it started to pour. The locker room, as always, smelt of wet dog. I tried not to breathe as I threw my towel in to locker number 331 and Lydia threw her stuff in to mine also. we put water bottles in it too, and then we headed to the heated pool. There were only three life guards on duty and two were girls, roughly around 24. the man seemed around 43. he looked at Lydia and I and tipped his hat. We both smiled back and Lydia kicked off her flip flops and jumped in to the deep end. I placed my flippies next to hers and went and sat on the ground near the deep end. she went under the water and did a front flip. I stretched my arms and then my legs. I cracked my neck and then went to the diving board. I steadied myself and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and thought about the old times at the academy. I opened one eye and checked to make sure no one was under me. I looked for Lydia and found her talking to one of the lifeguards. I took another deep breath and did a regular platform dive. I went down and came up still having at least another minute of air in my lungs. I got up and dived again this time throwing in a twist, and then I did a full 360 and decided to practice my actual swimming. I got up out of the pool and went to the very end of the deep end. as I was about to jump in a life guard came up to me.