Chapter 14

• Dedicated to XLDREAM97

=jays POV=

i looked at lydia as she trailed her fingers over my chest. it made me shutter and she smiled at me. sure she was cute but she wasnt for me. i groaned and she laughed. then lydia looked to the door and her perfectly plucked eyebrows pulled together and she whispered,

"i think autumn's home." i shrugged as if i didnt care. i mean. i shouldnt. right? shes just some chick. some amazing, not even close to perfect chick. the chick that i was crazy about. i smiled at lydia as if i really cared about her. she smiled shyly and pulled her naked body off of mine and grabbed a robe from the floor. "want some food?" she asked and i nodded. she smiled and left with quick steps. quietly shutting the door. then my phone vibrated.

"dude, party my house. any second now. -adam#47"

"i know," i replied "but im with lydia. gimme another hour ;]" he's get a kick outta that. everyone on the football team thinks im a player but im not even as bad as our quarterback. the man whore himself. his name you ask? his name is-

"dude, autumn comin too. - adam#47"

i smiled. she was going? well so am i. i need to watch over her. then i heard the script faintly singing. i hummed along as i got off the bed so i could get changed and find the source. i walked  in to the hallway and smelt food. i smirked and headed down the hall. i listened for the music and found it coming from an opened door. but just as i got there the song ended and i looked in to see a smiling autumn. she was dancing around her room and throwing clothes on her bed. but then another song started and she stopped dancing abruptly. i saw her face in the mirror on the opposite wall and for a second i thought she saw me. but thats when i saw her face become pale and her eyes water. the music played and she swayed to the beat. she started to cry harder. she then after the first chorus of the song fell, quietly, down to the floor. '

she sat there with the saddest face on. it completely broke my heart. i peeked arounf the door frame more and finally took in her room. it was different from lydias. lydias was a bright blood red with everything neat. except some clothes on the floor. but autumns room was a light blue, with swirls of a darker blue here and there. giving it a water type effect. on one wall sticky notes covered the wall with writing. i was too far away to read them but there was so many. on the other side there was her bed with 1 stuffed animal on it. the stuffed animal was a duck. her blankets on her bed were a aqua marine color and she even had a blue rug. was her favorite color blue? but i was pulled back to the present when autumn stood and walked to a door on the furthest side from me and opened it flicking on a light and i heard water run as she shut the door. i heard it lock and i entered her room. i went to where autumn was standing and look around. there was a small love seat in the corner that i hadnt seen before. there were drawers under her bed and shelfs above it. a book case stood at the end of her bed.with loads of books. as i turned around i nearly stepped on something.

i looked down to spy a picture frame on the ground. it had 4 different pictures in it. one was of autumn with a goofy face and at least 20 other girls but she was in the front in the middle holding a banner with some other girl who was looking at autumn with a smile. the banner read, "first place, state finals: Rocky Hills High" but when i looked at the picture more carefully i saw that everyone was looking at autumn smiling and she looked at the camera. they must have won because of her. then next picture had a picture of autumn and she held a sign that said, "best swim coach eva! =] " with an arrow--> while the older man next to her held a sign that said, "my little winner" with an arrow <-- he had a proud smile as he looked at autumn. whole she had this goofy smile on. it hit me when i realized that i had never seen that smile before. i always saw the coy or cute/controlled smile. what had made her change that little detail? the third picture was of her sleeping in a sleeping bag on the ground with a boy in the same sleeping bag he had her pulled into his back, but they werent cuddling. they both looked so content. the boy had brownish blonde hair the shined in the sunlight. while autumn at the time had red hair. was that her natural color? then i looked to the fourth and final picture and saw a picture of the boy and autumn again. but this time they were at a lake. the  water was a dark green but thats not what caught my eye. it was the fact that autumn had that same goofy smile again and so did the boy she was with. he had his arms around her hugging her from the back. but it wasnt a possessive type of hug from the back. it was a more like im being playful type. i then saw the picture hung on the wall above her bed. i put the photo frame back on the wood floor and i walked over to the photo. it was a picture of the boy, he was in a graduation gown. next to it, a sticky note was posted with a letter below it.. my heart sped up by 5 beats and i felt my throat close. this is why she had changed. she changed because of this boy. she changed bc it read, "RIP Ashton James Falls" this boy was her brother.