Chapter 24

Chapter 24

To kill or not Kill Autumn Leaf Falls?

Thanks for making me #374 on whats hot list!

Due to complaints ;D im adding a song of the week in honor of walk21

Thank you for listening i guess.. i really didnt think anyone actually cared about the songs of the week/days.

thanks

SONG OF THE DAY:

Pretty Girl(the way) by Sugarcult

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0neh4spY8g

----------------------------------

William POV

The punch looks appealing as I spy Jay and Lydia arguing, but once they see me they stop. I nod to them, not even bothering about their problems. All I care about is Autumn and I; that’s all I need, anyone could see that now. I look around pouring some punch as I look for Autumn, She’s not anywhere but I know she’s safe. She would never run off or leave without me so she must be meeting some people. In the bathroom? My wolf asked and I shrugged; it’s worth a shot. I put down my punch and headed toward Adams house. I enter the back of the house and check the bathroom on the first floor. I knock, “hello?” I call but there’s no answer. I open the door and peer in. no one is in the bathroom so I turn and take my leave. I head upstairs, past all of Adams awards and childhood memories. I check out the other bathrooms then walk down the stairs. My wolf whimpers, something’s wrong. I walk out the front of the house and see my father talking with a small girl named Lucy. She was about 14 and had silver hair. I walked up to them as Lucy’s eyes filled with fear. My wolf growled instantly, getting ready to pounce.

“What’s wrong?” I asked my dad and Lucy. She slowly inched behind him, hiding from me. Well this was new; usually everyone cowered from my father and now she’s scared of me? My father looked at me with slight fear also but it soon vanished.

“William,” my father and Alpha began, “Autumn is missing.”

Im pretty sure all the life in my face drained because I felt my heart pulling. Autumn? My Autumn? Why? How? She couldn’t have.

“There was no scent here  but I did catch something… a while back  near the woods I smelt another wolf,” my alpha nodded and I bowed my head. I knew it, “someone here is a traitor.”

“No, not necessarily. Just a newcomer is a liar. And the newest person here is-“

“Lydia” I said barely above a whisper. She couldn’t have helped someone to kidnap Autumn. She loves Autumn.

“Well, young one, we need to check just to make sure. Call her,” he said before he turned to tell Lucy to leave us.

‘lydia, come now’ I pushed toward the sky so she would know where to go to. Lydia looked sad while Jay looked mad. I looked at her carefully. And remembered Jay and I’s conversation from a couple hours ago. Jay had looked completely frustrated while Lydia and Autumn whispered quietly to each other. They have secrets. No, Lydia was holding her own secret while Autumn had her own.

She was in front of me when I came out of my daze; she bowed her head and came back up. She smiled warily. “Autumns missing isn’t she?” her eyes started to brim with tears. I suddenly felt terrible of thinking to blame her. She wouldn’t do this, Autumn was like her sibling.

“What’s wrong Lydia? Are you okay?” she shook her head and her breathing increased in rapid coughing breaths. She grasped her chest and her eyes went frantic. “She’s having a panic attack!” Jay ran to her side and picked her up.

“I’m bringing her to the hospital,” I nodded and turned to my father as Jay brought Lydia to his car.

“We’ll talk about this later,” I walked away from him and headed back inside Adams house. My Autumn is missing. I need to calm down.

Lydia POV

He wanted me. Not Autumn, not Jay or Will, he wanted me! I sighed as I looked over to see a note from Jay, “I’m going to check up on William, love you –xoxo” I smiled then frowned. William was probably freaking out over this. I was the one who made everything wrong so I have to make this right. I pulled the needle from my vein and shut off my heart monitor. I pulled the tube that was putting oxygen in to my nose off. I stood next to the bed and looked to the chair with my clothes. I stripped quickly sliding on my dress and underwear necessities. I knew what I had to do; I grabbed a sheet of paper and wrote down the truth, that they’d never see me again. Before I made my way out the window I grabbed Jay’s note, because it would be the last thing I would have to remind me of him.

William POV

We entered the hospital, as a nurse winked at me. I shuddered and Jay smiled at me. I laughed it off as we walked down the hall to Lydia’s room. We entered to see a messy bed and a note on the side table. Jay snatched it up quick before I could and read it to himself first, with a composed face before handing me the paper.

“Dear Shukla pack,

                I didn’t mean to lie; just I had to get away. Autumn is introuble because of me. I never meant to bring this on you all, but I tried to run away from my Alpha and he wants me back. I do have a duty to fulfill. Jay, I know this is going to break your heart and I love you so much, you’re my mate and best friend. But I have to go back to my own home. They need me, I was keeping the peace. If we go to war,” there was a pause where the script didn’t connect, “I won’t hesitate to kill you. I can’t… I was born to be as evil as my parents. I can’t live a normal life as you guys do. When Autumn gets back be nice to her Will, she carrying your kid ya know,” I paused and took in a gasp. Autumn was pregnant? I looked to jay for a conformation, and he nodded as my features filled with sadness. Sadness for the fact she didn’t tell me. “I have to go now, I love you guys, but remember IF we have a war don’t stand upfront. You wont see anything pretty.” I looked to jay and then he walked over to me he placed a hand on my back. I sighed and started to smile evilly. Jay froze and smiled too,

“We’re going to war aren’t we?” jay asked mimicking my smile. I looked at his eyes filled with worry and despair for his mate but on the outside he was anxious to hear my answer. He wanted a war. We both knew it.

“yeah,” I said looking outside at the sky that was now starting to lighten with the sun in toe, “We’re going to war with them.” Jay looked at me confused and I looked to the few remaining stars in the sky wondering if Autumn was looking at the same ones.

“Who are they?” he asked confusedly.

“It’s not a them… it’s a who.”

“Then who is it?”

I looked to jay then the stars again,

“Alpha Rana.” Jay smiled at my response,

“Then let’s get a move on!” he shouted as we ran out of Lydia’s room and though the hospital. We entered outside and headed toward the woods. He shifted and looked at me awaiting my words. I nodded,

“Call upon the Shukla pack to Adams.” Jay howled after my words. Before I shifted I looked at the moon in the horizon and whispered,

“For Autumn.”

--------------------------

Vote and dont forget my contest! new cover needed for this story! email the picture and your name to taylerrrify@yahoo.com

love you guys