Chapter 10

Thank you everyone!!! for fanning my page and commenting on everything, I love ya'll!!! 

FYI: I need another character. a boy who needs a really sexy name. help? message on my wall. 

peace! enjoi!! 

•••••••••••••••• 

we walked through the YMCA hallway and headed for the pool. we walked through the public pool and then went into a new set of locker rooms. in the locker room there were showers and just regular changing stalls. I looked around and saw the Athens High school logo. their mascot was a golden knight.  

"oh," the boy said, "by the way, I'm Chase." 

"are you a swimmer?" I asked putting my stuff into a locker.  

"nah, I'm the coaches son," he paused, "and manager." he smiled this shy smile that made my heart melt like an chocolate bar in a microwave oven. I smiled and looked away. I started to take my shirt off when he turned around and looked away blushing. I held back a laugh and he chuckled a little.  

"I hope you know this is coed swimming autumn." 

I stopped halfway of pulling my shorts off. "you're kidding. right?" chase turned around just as I slid my shorts off.  

"nope." he said in a sigh. he checked out my body as I put my left over clothes in my locker and shut it. I turned back and now he was looking at my face. he smiled cheekily and I laughed.  

"follow me," he said in a smile.  

we walked out of the locker room and entered the pool area. people were swimming while some were diving.  

"hey dad!" chase called from my side. I followed where he was looking and some guy was trying to dive with a 360. the coach came over but we met him halfway. 

"hey autumn, im coach shelton," then he turned and yelled loud. "guys!" everyone stopped and turned to look at their coach loyally. "this is Autumn. She's a newbie at Athens, but an incredible and true swimmer. she's now on our varsity team. welcome her." I heard a few loud "hey autumn" and a few "hi's" and just a few regular mumbles. I smiled and waved. "okay! now that that's over!" he yelled, "varsity! diving! up now! Varsity Swim, sidelines! and Freshmen, out! twenty! GO!" 

People immediately started moving and I heard half of the people yell "thanks twenty!!!" I didn't ask.  

coach turned to me, "watch the diving, and tell me what you see." I nodded and walked with chase over to the side so we would be on an angle from the diving board. we knelt and watched as varsity divers decided who would go first. I laughed when they pushed some scrawny guy to the front probably to make the others look better. chase gave me a look.  

"they pushed the scrawny guy to front to make everyone else look better." chase looked at the boy.  

"I doubt it," chase said.  

"shes right actually chase," coach said from behind chase and I, startling us both. "start!" he yelled 

chase wagged closely as the boy barely got any air and landed right on his stomach.  

chase sucked in air, "no. way."  

I nodded, "told ya." he looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and then the next people went. after one diver was done he would come sit by chase and the coach. halfway through coach goes, "so what do you notice autumn?" 

"besides, the beginning that I already stated, I would say that none of them are good." I felt glares and turned around to meet them and surprised looks, "sorry." then I looked to coach. he was smiling.  

"go up there and do what you did for a try out." coach said. I agreed and stood up. chase smiled while the last person was finishing. I walked up to the diving platform and readied myself.  

normal dive.  

-did it. and climbed out.  

180 twist 

-did it and climbed out.  

360 full 

-did it and climbed out.  

I looked to coach and he was smiling. "One thing you guys can't do is the 360 full. BUT! autumn here can do a 360 pike." I heard murmurs as I looked at chase who was puzzled. "can you show us autumn?" I smiled and replied with a sure. 

I readied myself and climbed the stairs to the platform. I readied myself, peaked below and jumped twice quickly. I felt the cold air nipping at my wet body. I started the twist and formed the pike. I rotated a whole 360 and came down swiftly in to the water. I waited to seconds under the water. I wanted to fist pump but felt very giddy. I came back up and everyone was standing. even the freshmen were staring, having come back from their "twenty." I smiled at coach as he put his hand down near the pool, I took it and he pulled me up. chase had this huge ass smile on his face and then my face mirrored his. chase hugged me. "this! like I said! is a true swimmer!" people started talking and murmuring again and I let go of chase. who was now soaked I laughed as coach said, "NOW! VARSITY! twenty!"  

"thanks twenty!" everyone screamed happily. even chase yelled and I just smiled. 'this is too good.' I thought.  

••••••••••••• 

vote!  

fan! 

and be you!! 

peace!!!