Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Song of 28:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf2MsqC-LiY

If it means a lot to you by A Day to Remember

_________________

Lydia POV

“Lydia, are you ready?” alpha asked and I just nodded. My stomach was forming in to knots and I had just gotten back from puking in the bathroom. My heart felt like it was no longer there. It had disappeared in to my empty stomach that was filled with acid. My face shows no pain nor does it show the fight within me. I look around and see Anna looking at me with a hidden expression. She nods toward me as if to say, ‘I see you’, and I nod back. It was the formal thing to do, even though many think us as inconsiderate dogs. She smiled at me slightly. Her olive skin makes her stand out among us all along with her teal eyes radiating as she watched the rain fall. I only met Anna once and that was eight years ago. Everyone in the pack looks out for one another, that’s just how stuff goes.

“Everyone,” the alpha called making us all turn to look at him, “They are almost here. Lydia is in charged and everyone is to obey her every word. Got it?” murmuring and head nods were chorused. The alpha looked at me expectantly, my heartbeat stuttering in anxiety. Jay face clouded my eyes until I shook my head and promised to look out for him.

“Let’s move out Rana’s!” I called and everyone turned to leave. As everyone left the meeting center I looked to my alpha, “what’s going to happen with the vamps?” he looked at me and sighed.

“They are there to stand and keep guard to make sure everything goes according to plan.” I nodded understanding what he meant. He called them here to make sure I didn’t back down. I back tracked out of the meeting house and ran towards the woods where my pack was waiting for me. Some already in wolf form while others waited to hear the command to change. It annoyed me that this would be left all up to me because no one knew I had a plan. I closed off my mind and shifted in to my large female wolf form.

‘Let’s go people!’ I barked quickly before running off at top speed toward the borderline. My pack howled and the birds scattered as dear took off away from our route.

As we ran through the trees I took notice of the blurs running among us. The vampires stayed right near our pack and didn’t falter even as we made our way through the trees that blended in to one another. We dodged and jumped over fallen tree limbs while the vampires leapt to the trees as we reached the clearing.

‘Hold up’ I signaled to everyone. I heard the vampires slow and listen too. I looked straight ahead and saw eyes on the other side of the clearing. The Shukla pack was here; I shifted back to my human form as did a few other top warriors. I heard rustling of bushes and then William, his father and Jay stepped forward. My heart pounded in my chest as two of my best stepped forward in to the open. They stood there in matching red shorts as William, Jay and the alpha adorned green ones. I slipped on my dress that had been wrapped around my ankle. It was the one that I wore to the fire the other day.  

Jay snarled and spoke, “Where's your Alpha?” he looked rigid and kept scanning the area, I had a slight hope, a tiny one, that he was looking for me.

“Not with us,” one of my guys replied cooly, “We have someone standing in for him.”

Jay POV

“We have someone standing in for him.” One of the men said, I just snorted and he looked at me with a hint of curiosity. It was as if he was waiting to see my reaction.