Chapter 12

"So," chase said softly, "jay.?" he looked over at me from his drivers seat while i stared out the window.

"yup" i said popping the 'P' and running my hand through my hair nervously. i wonder how jay and lydia met. the same way i met him? maybe at a party? was jay jealous? is that what i saw in his face? was it that? Chase stopped the car outside a small pizza place. he shifted into park and cut the engine. He got out of the car and glided to my side. he opened my door and put out his hand. 

"come on, hun. it'll be fine. i'll forget it. we'll forget it." he looked at me with pleading eyes. "lets's forget him." i smiled shyly, still pained. he knew. chase wasn't dumb. and even if he was he still knew me like the back of his hand. he smiled back whole heartedly and i felt my heart leap. this was it. he was it. this was my guy. and i knew it. i felt amazing around him. like he was my other half. ever since he stood there watching me dive. he seemed like an arrogant ass but he was just being his other personality. the one where hes stone cold around his dad. 

i took Chase's hand and he shut the door after i stepped aside. he kissed my hand and we headed inside. we ate and talked, not about jay but about his family and mine. i explained lydia and mines situation and he nodded understandingly. i asked him about what jay meant next.

"what did jay mean when he said 'THE man whore?" i asked sipping my Dr. Pepper.

[A/N Dr.Pepper is the best]

"well," he started "i.. um.. well.. i got very well aquainted with alot of girls." i gave him a disgusted look but i wasnt mad. i wanted him to elaborate. he quickly caught on and rushed his words. "what i mean is that i. um . that i didnt want to date bc no one was truly in my sight so i like saw you ignoring me and i knew that you were different. you didnt gawk in the halls." he's right. i never paid attention to him. " and you always had this confidence that always made me love everthing about you." that froze me from eating another french fry. did he just say that he loved me? "i guess im saying that you're beautiful and youre smart and youre funny and stubborn and" he smiled as he looked past me as if imagining something. "when i first saw you at that party at adams.. i just.. i knew that i needed you. you were standing there and you were dancing and having fun with out a care in the world. i turned down every girl that night just to watch you. you're just" he hesitated "amazing" i smiled and got up and kissed him. he smiled. 

"will you be my girlfriend?"