Chapter 4

___________________________________________

RECAP:

I turned my car off, put the hood up and locked it. I went around the back of Adam's house to see lights in the distance dancing off the trees. I shivered a little bit and put my hands in my hoodie to meet a sleeping Ubi. I cradled her in my hands as I headed towards the woods.

on to the story;]

I reached the beginning of the woods, and the lights were still dancing between the trees. the sky above holds a new moon that beckons for nightmares of werewolves. I kept walking toward the lights as fireflies flew around. The uneven ground made me stumble here and there, although the limbs of a tree were thrown around. someone had been cutting down trees because I was now in a field. Located near the middle of the field were the lights which I could now see were being carried by dark figures. I stepped forward another step and snapped a stick which made me gasp. I quickly ducked but some of the figures had turned around.

"did you hear something?" a male voice spoke. I heard murmurs. and then the same voice said, "check it out O’Connor."

"on it" another male replied. someone started to walk in my direction. my mind went blank as I sat and waited to be found. what were they gonna to do to me? hopefully my mother wouldn't cry too much, ugh. who am I kidding it'll kill her. I looked up to see a person at least 6ft, nearly 10 feet in front of me. I didn’t even blink while I jumped up and flung my hood over my head. I held on to Ubi as I ran, and she cried in protest from the sudden motion. I heard the footsteps behind me, gaining. then off to my left I saw another dark figure running alongside me. I cried out in frustration and took off at a full run, just to get pummeled to the ground by a body. The figure was built very broadly thus it was a guy. the guy straddled my hips and held my hands above my head. I was too surprised to struggle. Then just as I was about to talk another figure ran up to us.

"who is it?" the male that just arrived asked. the guy on me shrugged and pulled my hood back to put my face on display. "Autumn?" he said in a whisper. the guy standing removed his hood and i saw Jay's gorgeous face frowning.

"Jay." I said with a smile. "what are you guys-"

the guy on me interrupted, "O'Connor you know this girl?" Jay just nodded and the guy straddling me got up. "We have to tell the Alexanders, and they won't be pleased."

"yeah I know," he said hesitantly. I moved my eyes to the mystery guy then to Jay. Jay looked at me, "Autumn, just do what they say to do and do not argue with them." he pleaded. I sighed and stood up. we walked back toward the clearing with jay's hand on the small of my back. I looked at him but he had his hood up. I put my hood up too and rubbed Ubi's belly in my pocket, nervously. We stepped in to the clearing.

"I’m scared, jay." I said looking straight ahead at the circle of cloaks. he chuckled and gave me a half hearted smile. that made everything better. [sarcasm] I sighed and jay squeezed my hand quick and then let go and sat at the right side of a person in a red cloak. he must be the leader.

"Why were you following us?" an older mans voice asked. I swallowed hard.

"I saw lights in the forest and followed." I said calmly.

"Lies," a girl around my age said as she threw her hood back. I gave her a hard glare and looked back at the man in red.

"You're lying to us?" he asked, obviously amused by my glare to the girl to his left. "you dare challenge daughter?" ahhhh, so that’s why he seems kinda amused. I bet he's never seen someone stand up to her. she probably acts like the queen or something.

I laughed and all the cloaks looked at me. "really, how does she know whether I’m lying or not? this is so ridiculous!" I said knowing i was going to piss her off.

She got out of her chair and stormed toward me. she had on high heels and still only came to my nose. i looked down at her slightly as she took a step back and decided what to say. "don't you dare talk to Alp- my father that way you-"

I stepped towards her and got in her face. "Me what?" I asked, my voice lowering with venom. "Say something I dare you, I’ll knock that pretty little smirk off your face, before you can even blink," I smiled evilly as her jaw fell. "Choose one munchkin; you're starting to look stupid." I smirked and she closed her mouth and stormed past me. my eyes followed her as she left and disappeared in to the woods. I snickered and looked to meet the father's eyes filled with curiosity.

"no one has ever acted that way toward Jenna." he said smiling mischievously, yet he looked kinda pissed as how I wasn't scared.

"yeah... and?" I said shrugging, looking at him in the eyes.

"Will you join us? Take Jenna's place." he said stepping aside to show her chair she was sitting upon moments before I arrived.

I let my hood fall and slid my fingers through my hair. I heard murmurs fall through the group as i turned and walked away.

"you're all dismissed," the father announced with his eyes in my back. I rolled my eyes and headed back home for the night. This night was shit.

_______________________________________________

sorry its so short will post another soon