Chapter 2

Song of the week: Yellow by Coldplay

_________________________________________________________________________

My first day in a new town and I have not one friend. This is so depressing. My mother & father just love this place! How exciting for them. They say they have a surprise for me. But I have to wait till they get home from work at 5 pm. so they just left the 'mansion' and its quarter to 8 am.

"UGH!" I screamed as I ran up the wooden stairs skipping steps along the way. I grabbed my cell phone off my side table and unplugged it. I went to my messages and texted my mother.

Going for a run. -autumnn! 

In a matter of seconds I received a text 

k. I love you baby girl! 

I didn't bother to reply. I simply closed it and walked away. I went over to my closet and pulled out a box that had clothes written on it in my hand writing. My parents told me to unpack but I didn't unpack my clothes yet. I opened the box and rummaged through my clothes as I searched for some clothes and decided to just go with sweat pants and a baggy t-shirt. It was from a running competition I was in last year, The Shamrock Run. I walked down the stairs one at a time, slipping on the last one. I landed on my bum. I smiled, embarrassed but glad that no one saw. I glanced around and saw that the living room was all unpacked which surprised me. They must have stayed up all night just putting the first floor together. I got up and walked out the front door which was a couple feet in front of the stairs. I walked out into the warm 75 degree temp. I was glad I grabbed a sweater. I was about to lock the door when I remembered that my parents didn't make keys yet, besides their own. I shut the door anyway and traveled down the street with my IPod blaring in my ears. While running down the street I noticed that every house looked exactly the same. When I reached the bottom of the hill 10 minutes later I looked up the hill and realized that it was quite a climb, but I headed back again. My house was the biggest and it was at the top of the hill, last one on the street to be exact. The hill was kinda tiring, so I decided to walk for a tad and me falling on my bum before didn't really help. This street had so many weeping willows it looked kind of haunted in a way. A slow song started on my IPod and I slipped out of my jacket deciding to walk back to my house. The song was Possibility by Like Li; it was from the New Moon Soundtrack. Looking at the houses made me feel like an outsider, because they were all the same, and full of life. While my mansion was different and seemed deadly. 'haha, what are you thinking' autumn!' I laughed at myself mentally at how ridiculous I was being. I needed to get home because I wanted food. 'Hmm... What for lunch?' and with that I almost got hit by a small, shiny black car backing out of a driveway. The car stopped thankfully, but it scared the crap out of me. Almost being hit by a car didn't seem like an amazing experience/ way to die, especially on my first day in a new town. I let the car keep going on its way and watched as the black car backed up with 2 guys in the front.

"Hey! Sorry about that," he said with a smile. He was super attractive. It made me wanna smile and pull out my eyes and give them to him because I’d love to see him forever. I snapped back.

"Umm, yeah it's alright, I mean it's not like you actually hit me, just made me jump a tad," he laughed and turned to the guy in the seat next to him. The spoke a couple words and then he turned back to me.

"Do you need a ride home?" he asked. I shook my head and replied,

"I live right up the street. I was just going for a walk."

"You live here?" he asked with amusement.

I sighed "Yes, today is my official first day in this shit hole."

He smirked. "Look," he said, "it won't be so bad, you already have two friends. This is Adam and I’m Jay." I smiled as I accepted his friendship.