𝕿𝖜𝖔

• Song : 'Please Don't Go' by Joel Adams

"Flipping every waking moment is what life is

"Flipping every waking moment is what life is."

【The Bride】

1428, somewhere in the forest, Goryeo.

Small fingers gently fiddle with the soft cotton fabric covering her body, heartbeat picking up and nervousness rising in the pit of her stomach as her distance shortens with each passing second.

Yang sat there with her eyes blankly gazing over the decorated walls of her closed palanquin. The gentle sound of those four pair of legs carrying her heavy ride along with the faint chirping of birds lingers around her still form.

A loud sigh escapes her lips as the sudden reality of her incognizant future strikes her. Her big brown eyes shut tightly, head drops down, filling with disappointment towards herself.

The soon to be queen, Lee Yang sat there being oblivious to her own future and there's nothing scarier for her than not knowing what her future holds.

Yang neither accepted nor denied this sudden marriage. In fact, it wasn't her place to choose to begin with. King Choi Dang Hee's father forced it all upon her kingdom, leaving her with no choice.

A few months ago, Late King Choi Sejung Hee captured her father's small empire so easily that there wasn't any say left for her family in it. The king suggested his son, King Choi Dang Hee's marriage with her in return for the won kingdom after the deadly war.

Yang's father didn't waste any other moment before giving off his own daughter to the king he didn't know much about because the decision benefited his empire. He was already planning for her marriage and considering the situation his kingdom was thrown into, it didn't took much of thinking for him.

And this is where now Yang stands.

The marriage rituals are already performed and there is going to be a crown ceremony for her in a few hours in her supposed husband's house. King has already sent a troop for her to safely arrive at his kingdom. She left her house long ago and is possibly halfway through. Just a few hours more and she'll be standing in a foreign house that she has to accept as her's forever.

She isn't necessarily against this sudden decision in her life either. She is just unsure of what might be happening from now on. She is in fact thankful for the king for giving her father a chance to save his empire but still, this thought of spending her life with someone she has never even met is terrifying.

She has just seen him once, from afar to be exact. When his father proposed this marriage in her father's court he was there, standing behind him with a face that supposedly held no evidence of denial. He stood straight, his eyes devoid of any emotions as his father waited for a reply to his own preposition.