𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

• Song : 'Not Today' by BTS •

【Prologue】

If a mere word like terrified could even think of describing her situation,

Then it would be a major understatement.

As Jasmine stood by the spicy ramen section while un-interestingly eyeing down a red noodle packet between her small hands, her heart is wildly thumping inside her chest.

Her peripheral vision sneakily observing the presence of a rather tall guy and muscular, standing not too far from her. From head to toe, his whole body is cladded in black, not leaving even an inch of his skin exposed. His features are perfectly hidden behind that hideous mask that he wore.

He is odd.

She didn't pay much attention to him when he exits from his black van in the parking lot, just behind her car. Her ears didn't perk up when she saw him right behind her while she was happily pulling out a shopping trolley. She didn't even mind his presence earlier when she was in the cafe section of this supermarket.

But when she did paid attention to him, he was right beside her, only a few meters away, trailing her like the perfect assassin he could be.

It's now when she stood in front of this particular ramen section that she actually realised his suspicious shadow lurking behind her in almost every place she has been to in the market until now.

She carefully glances at him once again, finding him inspecting a packet of cereals she doesn't know the name of.

Maybe I'm overthinking.

She ignores the sudden urge to just leave this place quickly and go home, but rather starts skipping up to another row of junk food she wished to stuff herself with in the morning, leaving the weird-looking guy behind her.

She doesn't want to pay much attention to him though, but she is still suspicious. Wordlessly, she is repeating the chant of it just being her mind playing tricks with her. It could always be a coincidence for a person to cross path, couldn't it?

And if it is not a coincidence then, why would someone be following her, here? She has a decent reason at the very back of her ugly mind but it's far more better to assume that no one knows where she is right now.

She grabs the largest packet of potato chips from the rack, quickly dumping it into her cart. Trying to ignore the rising worries but her every attempt at being calm vanished when she felt eyes on her again.

He is here too?

She slowly turns her head towards the man who is now standing straight before the young girl, scaring the living hell out of her. She notices as his hands reach behind his back, pulling a faint black metal out in front of him.