XXXXXX - "Back Home"

Diamonds

I fell down to my knees as I watched the men hold back my friends. Tears streamed down my face as I felt the barrel of my father's gun behind my head, and I only hoped everything was going to be okay.

Soldier walked up to me and licked my tears away and I forced a giggle at my guard dog. I rubbed his fur as I whispered in his ear, "Run back home as fast as you can when you hear the bullet go off," I instructed.

I pushed Soldier away and he whimpered as I did so. He walked towards the door and sat there until he was instructed to leave.

"Diamonds!" Joe yelled.

I smiled sadly at him and pushed my hair back to reveal the diamond earrings he had given me. I did it as a reminder that I'll always remember him, but he read it as my sign of goodbye.

Their cries of protest echoed off of the walls of the cafeteria as Alex pulled the safety off.

"Sapphire, are you ready?" He asked from behind me.

I started playing with the ring Kai had given me as I sucked in a breath.

"I'm ready."

A bullet rang through my ears as the last thing I heard.... for now.

_______________________

A few hours later I woke up with a splitting headache and the bright light blinded my vision. I took in my surroundings and realized I was laying in a hospital bed with wires attached to me.

"Holy shit it worked," I heard someone whisper beside me.

I sat up completely and the doctor I had met when Blake and Liam were here was staring at me in shock; Doctor Quincy.

"Of course it worked, I designed it myself," I said as I gulped down the water.

"How did it work?" He asked in awe.

"It was a small technology device that was supposed to keep my heart beating after I 'died', I explained using air quotes. "When my father was supposed to kill me, I slightly moved to the side so he didn't hit my brain, and now I'm here."

He stared at me with his jaw dropped before speaking, "So what are you going to do now?"

"Well, you are not going to tell a soul about this or else I will kill you myself," I threatened.

He gulped visibly and I stood up from the bed, "And you're also going to take your car and drive to the back so I could borrow it. I'll make sure my trusted maid brings it back here by the end of the day," I said in one breath.

He nodded his head vigorously and ran out of the room to get his car. After awhile he came back in and handed me his keys and I gave him a curt nod.

I discreetly made my way out of the hospital and to the back where a red Nissan was waiting for me. I slid in and raced my way back to the house to get everything together and leave.

I rushed into the house and up the stairs where Soldier was waiting for me in his bed. I took my already packed suitcase, duffel bag, and Soldier's small bag down the stairs and to the foyer where Linda was waiting for me.

"Ready to go dear?" She asked a little concerned.

"Of course Linda, let's go," I said hurriedly. She helped place my things in the car and drove us to the Jet's runway.