XXIX - "Hospital"

I stepped out of the bathroom and walked into my walk in closet for an outfit. After last night I came straight home and fell asleep until I woke up this morning and went for a small jog. Earlier this morning I realized Liam and Blake must've been at the docks last night because they weren't here this morning for breakfast, but I guess this gives me more time to go to the Base and the Illium house today.

I know I should be going to the hospital right away but it would look too suspicious on how I knew they would be there without anybody contacting me before hand. So for now, I'm just waiting for someone to call me.

I pulled on my baggy denim pants with my white long sleeve crop top. I walked over to my vanity and grabbed my chapstick and slid on my White Air Force 1's.

 I walked over to my vanity and grabbed my chapstick and slid on my White Air Force 1's

I placed both of my phones in my small light blue bag along with my keys and wallet. I also packed my go-to bag with my jacket, mask, iPad, a gun, and a taser. I looked around for anything I was missing and when nothing looked out of place, I led Soldier's and I down to my car.

"How do you feel about a little snack before lunch boy?" I asked Soldier as I started the engine.

He barked in response and I pulled out of the driveway, "You are one smart fucking dog dude."

After a couple of minutes I pulled into the parking spot of the cafe and let Soldier follow me in. I walked up to the barista who I learned is named Riley, and she gave me a bright smile.

"The usual for today Veronica?" She beamed. I nodded my head and pulled out some cash. She gave me the change and passed me one of the doggy snacks I always get for Soldier when I'm here.

I sat down at a table and unwrapped the snack and threw one in the air for Soldier to catch, and luckily, he did. I giggled at his little talent and continued to do that until Riley called my name.

"One iced caramel macchiato for the lovely couple," Riley called out making me giggle at her tease. I grabbed the straw from the side and gave her a thankful nod before I walked back out to Robin.

I honestly think Riley's a nice girl, but right now I can't start any friendships, or ever. I don't want to create friendships that might end in death because of me or risk their life at all. It would be too much guilt on my conscience and I had just gotten over the fact that it wasn't my fault what Jewels did.

I pulled in to the large iron gates and placed my finger on the scanner, a loud buzz went off and the gates opened. I had Richard and a few men set up a new security system at the mansion so I could keep an eye out for any strange activity and such. It might of been a waste of money for the system but I'm going to thank myself one day for doing it.

I parked my car by the front door and unlocked it, sinking down into the sofa. I looked at Soldier for some entertainment but he looked at me just the same. I groaned and got up from my position on the sofa and started giving myself a tour around the house.