III - "Escape Plan"

Me:
How are you guys doing on the business trip?

Mom:
It's going good so far! Check in tomorrow!

I turned off my phone and set it on the table and continued eating my breakfast. With how early I woke up this morning I managed to finish a little bit of homework I was assigned yesterday.

Yesterday. The memory of Liam and his friends still fresh in my mind from what happened. My mind was still swirling with questions until the sound of a dragging chair pulled me out. I looked across from me to see Liam digging into the breakfast I had made the both of us with a tired expression. I stared at him for a second, just stunned at how quick he was eating.

He finally looked up to me in confusion, "What?"

I shrugged my shoulders and got up to put my plate in the sink. I grabbed my bag and made my way to the garage until Liam stopped me in my tracks, "Diamonds, can I ask a favor please?"

And what in the hell could he possibly need from me?

I cautiously made me way back into the kitchen to see Liam putting his dish in the sink. He looked up to me and embarrassment flooded his face, "Look, uh, could you give me a ride to school today? Something happened to my car last night and the guys are busy this morning ... " he said slowly. I nodded my head in response and continued to the garage to get my car out.

I pulled out and waited in the driveway for Liam to get out. I watched him stop in his tracks when he saw my car and immediately turned back around to lock the door and to my car. I pressed a button that would let the car door open by itself and he watched in awe as the door went up like a wing. I waited patiently for him to get in but when he kept gawking at my car I cleared my throat. His eyes finally met mine and he hurriedly got into the car and I let the door close by itself again.

I pulled out of the driveway and onto the road as Liam spoke up, "Is this your car?" I nodded my head.

"How'd you pay for this?" I tensed up a bit but quickly shrugged.

"You don't talk much do you?" I shook my head.

"Are you mute?" I looked at him in horror and shook my head frantically.
Nothing is wrong with being mute but I just didn't want him to think that I don't just talk in general.

"This is a nice car," he mumbled under his breath as he rubbed his hand on the dashboard. I smiled at him in response to say 'thank you' and he nodded his head to say 'Youre welcome.'

I pulled into the school's parking lot and made my way towards the back until Liam spoke up, "You can park in my spot, it's just right there," he gestured toward the parking spot in the front and I grew hesitant at first but obliged. Many students were gawking at my car and I couldn't help but grow a little worried at the attention. Liam turned to me with concern, "Hey are you okay?"

I immediately nodded my head and gave him a ghostly smile until I rushed out of the car. Liam followed behind me as onlookers stood shocked at me getting out of the car.

Yeah, a girl who buries herself in hoodies is getting out of an expensive car with her step brother, what's the big deal?

You know what don't act stupid you know the big deal dumbass.

I hate you shut up conscience.

I immediately went to my locker and pulled out the books I needed for morning classes and sped off to my first class. When I got there half of the students were already talking so I walked in the direction of the seats in the back. I relaxed a little bit when I sat down and soon class started.

Silent But Deadly// COMPLETED✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें