XXIII - "Jack"

Diamonds

I stepped out of the shower with my hair in a dry bun so it didn't get wet and wrapped a towel around my body as I wiped the fog off of the mirror to see my reflection. I had recently been doing this lately and reflecting all of my problems onto myself and telling myself that it's what I do because I'm human, and humans make decisions to help them survive.

For me, I continued fighting for Williams who oh so happily enjoys my presence everytime he sees me. Last night, I fought for $6,000 and next week, a race for $7,000. It's good money and it helps keep my survival skills sharp and steady, which is really helpful just in case life takes a sharp turn and you have to brace yourself for any impact.

I shook off my thoughts and instead started moisturizing my body like normal and brushed my teeth to it's cleanest porcelain state. I walked in to my walk in closet and pulled out a regular outfit for today since I didn't actually have much to do except for go to dinner tonight with the Royal Aces, which I'm not looking forward to. I'm just a little skeptical that they might try negotiating with me again, and that shit just annoys me.

I pulled on my fuzzy socks that completed my look and looked in the full body mirror at my outfit. I had one of my long hoodies on with no shorts since the guys said they would be gone for the morning, so I had the house all to myself once again.

I walked down the stairs with Soldier in suit and let him out the back yard to do his business. In the meantime I poured myself a cup of juice since we had already eaten breakfast, and waited for Soldier to come back into the house so we could watch a movie. After a couple more seconds he finally ran through the door and I closed it behind him and slid on the marble floor all the way to the theatre room.

I set up a movie in the projector and jumped on to one of the big bean bag chairs in front of the large white screen and waited for the movie to start playing. After many trailers the movie started to play production credits and I walked over to the cup board to get a soft blanket. I laid it over my body and scratched Soldier's head as Ted the movie started playing.

After almost two hours and the movie coming to an end a loud, "BOO" makes me jump and land on the hard carpeted floor beneath me. Soldier quickly comes to my aid and starts licking my hand as laughs started to fill the room.

"A-are you ok-kay precious?" Blake said in between laughter.

"Ugh, you guys are such idiots," I mumbled under my breath as I started to get up and fold the blanket.

"You should've seen your face," Kai exclaimed and burst out into another fit of laughter. I rolled my eyes and placed the blanket in the cupboard and walked out of the theatre room with Soldier right next to me.

I noticed the maids setting down plates of food at the table and both Soldier and I rushed over to it. I jumped onto my seat as another maid had walked back over to me and placed Soldier's bowl of food and water on my side. I gave her a grateful smile and she gave me a curt nod then walked away.

We waited for the boys to get to the table and when they did, they were still chuckling a bit. They sat down at their seats and started digging in, I gave Soldier the 'go' signal and he started chewing on his dog food as well.

"So how was your morning?" I asked as I scooped up some corn from my plate.

"You made it so much better," Liam chuckled. I gave him a glare and he quickly averted his gaze to his food.

"Okay but seriously, it was just a normal day. Went to go talk to Jack but he only said one thing the whole time," Kai said a little troubled.

"And that was?" I asked absentmindedly.