XXVII - "Kevin Stokes"

I pulled into the warehouse's parking lot and led Soldier inside. Stepping inside, the warehouse looked more abandoned than vibrant which really needed to change. If I were going to lead this goddamn gang the first thing I'll do is tell them to make a bigger one, a better one and make it look more like a base than a hell hole. Even coming in here makes me think it's haunted, which it probably is.

I unlocked the door to my new office and texted Joe and Richard in a little group chat and told them to meet me. After a few minutes of waiting I heard a knock on my door and I told them to come in.

"You wanted to see us boss?" Joe asked as he plopped down on one of the chairs.

"Any news?" I asked as I ran my fingers through Soldier's fur for comfort.

"Just the financial files you wanted to see," Richard said as he handed me a file. I opened it and skimmed through it to see that we surely do make a lot of money off of stealing other's supply and selling it as our own, but it's wrong.

"I'm turning the purpose of this gang around," I said as I threw the file onto the desk.

"What do you mean?" Joe asked as he inched closer on his seat.

"I mean instead of stealing the shipments, find out where they're getting them from. Find different breeders of drugs across the country or even around the world. Instead of human trafficking just work with the prostitution business but make sure it's women who are willing to do the work, and don't force them. Build hotels, restaurants, gas stations, just different businesses that could either be legal or illegal so if theirs a plummett in the gang shit, we can still survive off of the legal corporations we build. Gun trafficking is always an option, I mean I've already skimmed through that file to know that you guys have a lot of fun with that," I suggested.

The men looked at each other and back to me with confused expressions, "I'm saying stop trying to risk your goddamn lives because you're being petty and stealing shit from other gangs when you can create something else that they'll grow envious of," I explained harshly to them.

"How do you suppose we do that?" Richards asked.

I thought for a second before I sighed, "First, we have to look the part. I've only been here two times and I'm already getting tired of this place," I complained. "Get some construction workers to build a new base and come to me about design plans. I'm going to head to my brother's house and sort through his things," I mumbled the last part, trying to sound sad.

"Of course boss, we'll call you if we need anything," Richard said as I started gathering some files to look at.

"Also, I don't want anybody calling me Diamonds. Nobody can know my identity until I say so, alright?" I asked pointing a finger at them.

"But what about your appearance?" Joe asked as he stood up and helped me arrange everything.

"I'll figure something out, but for now, just call me Silver or boss, okay?" I asked as I was ready to leave.

"Alright, be safe," he said as they went down the hallways to their offices and I locked my own. I gave them a nod and walked side by side with Soldier to my car.

Once I got in I started the gps to my brother's house and raced all the way there, ignoring the honking of cars and called Williams.

W: Hello?
D: Hey Williams! Just checking in.
W: Gold! How are you honey? You ready for Friday's race?
D: Yep, practicing on the freeway as we speak.
W: Ahaha good luck! But hey, I gotta go I'll chat later sweetie, yeah?
D: Yeah, have a good day!
W: You too!

I hung up and continued following the route until I ended up on an abandoned street in the forest. I became cautious of my surroundings as well as Soldier who started growling at the uneasiness. I scratched his belly and continued to drive through the trees until a big beautiful mansion came into view.