XXXXXIII - "Flower"

Alexandrite Zircon Illium...

Divorced, two kids.

Jewels Ruby Illium

Current age: 23 years old
Birthday: August 15, 1995
Sex: M
Deceased

Diamonds Sapphire Illium

Current age: 17 years old
Birthday: March 23, 2001
Sex: F
Still Alive

I guess you guys could say my father was a really big fan of jewelry, I mean it basically runs in the bloodline. Notice how I didn't say 'family' because that's not what we are. We are a bloodline, no more, no less.

I closed my eyes tightly at the disappointment that ran through my body. I didn't want it to be him, him of all people. And all because his own daughter has made something out of herself and rose from the dirt that she was buried in? Because he is envious of my hard work and wants to kill me so he could take over my gang? Because all he cares about is power and money?

Yes, yes to all of it. My father is not a man you want to mess with but I couldn't care. If he wanted to come after me, I'll let him come after me, but he'll die trying.

A knock on the door pulled me out of my state and I erased everything on it quickly. I shut off my laptop and unlocked the door to see Kai on the other side, Soldier whimpering next to him.

"What's up?" I ask as cooly as possible.

"Why did you have the door locked?" He asked suspiciously.

"Can't a girl have some privacy?" I fired back.

He let out a sigh of frustration and ran a hand through his hair, never taking his eyes off me, "We land in 30 minutes, just wanted to let you know."

I nodded my head and tried to close the door but he stopped it before it locked, "Why are you closing the door?"

I pursed my lips together and refrained from rolling my eyes, "Kai, please leave me alone."

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked concerned. He stepped into the room with Soldier and locked the door behind him. He turned to me and cupped my face in his hands, eyeing me carefully.

"I'm okay Finnels," I whispered into his touch. He made me feel so good, so calm and assuring, it was like heaven on Earth to be in his presence like this. He touched me like I was fine China and I was going to break any second. He rubbed circles onto my cheekbones and I closed my eyes and smiled in content.

This man, this man right here, he was magic. He was everything that made me feel good; all of the joy, all of the happiness, and something else I couldn't decipher. It was like a miracle had been brought into my life and lifted me off the ground into the clouds. Kai made me feel so happy, so content, it was magical.

"Princess, you can talk to me," He whispered.

I nodded my head quietly and looked up into his eyes that showed concern and worry. His eyebrows kitted together and I reached up and smoothed them out, relaxing his features.

"I'm okay Finnels," I repeated. I didn't want to tell him anything, I didn't want him to worry about me. Hell, I didn't even want anybody to worry about me but ever since I sent my mom away, everyone's been over my shoulder. And to top it all off, Kai never wants to leave my side.

He looked unconvinced but kissed my forehead and pulled me into a hug. He played with my hair and rested his chin on my head as I wrapped my arms around his waist. I wanted to cry so badly, but I wouldn't waste my tears for someone like my father. Instead, I felt so overwhelmed with frustration that i gripped onto the shirt I had bought Kai, and snuggled into his chest.