XXXIII - "Spit It Out"

Kai and I entered Blake's hotel room and sat down on the sofa's. Liam and Blake had papers scattered around the desks and the coffee tables and some even around the floor.

See, after Kai and I had taken a shower Kai had gotten a text telling us to meet him at his room. So we quickly got dressed and here we are.

I still can't believe I'm his girlfriend now, I can't believe he even asked me. I'm still in the state of shock and sometimes I feel like I can't even breathe at the realization that he's my boyfriend. This walking God is my fucking B O Y F R I E N D.

I'm planning to tell Kai tomorrow about my leadership of the Shattered Jewels, and I hope that he'll take it as well as Liam. I can't help but feel a little troubled that he might be angry with me in some way, or maybe even sad that I kept this a secret from him. Or worse that I had lied to him about where I would be going, and what I was doing.

"What's the big deal?" Kai asked as he looked over Blake's shoulder.

"Silver," Blake sighed.

My eyes averted to the papers he was looking at but my head stayed focussed on Soldier, but my ears were perked up, ready to listen.

"What about them?" Kai asked in frustration.

I turned my head towards Liam who gave me a look that held an apology, I gave him a curt nod to tell him it's okay.

"Their growing, since they changed their ways, they've been gaining more power. They even overruled Ogus," Blake explained in frustration.

"What the hell? How the fuck did they do that in just a week! We killed their leader, and we have their second in command locked up right now-"

"There's always a third in command," Blake pointed out.

"But the third never runs the gang, it's always another generation of their leader-"

It grew silent in the room as Kai didn't finish his sentence. My eyes stayed glued to my lap and I felt my heart beating against my ribcage so fast, I thought it would leap out at any second. My hands grew steady and my body felt weak with feeling overwhelmed, and the tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

My thoughts started racing through my mind at a speed I couldn't decipher. The hairs on my skin danced with nervousness and I bit my lip at how I felt so many eyes on me. My breathing grew rapid but I didn't show it, it didn't even feel like I was breathing at all.

After what felt like hours, I heard Kai speak up, "He must have a daughter," he suggested.

"I've looked into his file, he doesn't," Blake said warily.

My body stiffened and I swear, if I lifted my hand up right now, it would shake like an earthquake had taken place.

I heard footsteps hit the polished wooden floor and stop in front of me. I watched as he crouched down and tried looking at me, but I used my hair as a curtain.

"Tell me it isn't true," he whispered.

I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream, I wanted to do anything that could stop the many thoughts that ran through my mind, but nothing came out of me.

"Diamonds..." he said sternly as he held my hand.

"Diamonds what's going on?" Blake asked.

I took a deep breath but the words wouldn't leave my mouth. I felt so stuck, so trapped, I didn't know what I was going to do.

"Diamonds, tell them," Liam said softly.

I watched from behind my hair as Kai and Blake looked at an upset Liam confusedly, and then turn back to me.