Part 49: Confession

The front door opened and everyone made there way into the house, instantly going their own separate ways.

Jungkook went to cut his way through the living room to the kitchen but stopped when he saw Yui's smug face which also caught Junghyu's attention as he went over and kissed his wife on the cheek, Jungkook slowly moving over to find out the. Abuse of her smirk.

Yoongi on the other hand just went straight up to his room not noticing or hearing the conversation down stairs which earned loud gasps and Jungkook screaming "FINALLY!" At the top of his lungs which Jimin noticed but Yoongi didn't Causing Jimin to laugh as Yoongi continued his seemingly never ending route.

When he got to his room he pushed the door open to find Jimin lay across their bed on his stomach wearing the clothes Yoongi bought him.

Yoongi tried not to stair and just threw the stuff he got in the corner before flopping down on the bed next to Jimin.

A large space remained between them both physically and metaphorically so Yoongi finally snapped and decided it was time to break it.

All it took was one simple word.

"Hi."

"Hi..."

That was one wall broken down.

And quickly the rest crumbled;

"Listen Jimin-"

"I need to apologies Yoongi hyung-"

Both paused for a moment since they were tripping over each others words and they both looked at each other before Jimin nodded forward so Yoongi knew to speak, and he did.

Yoongi's eyes softened and he moved forward to sit next to Jimin before saying "You don't need to apologise for anything Minnie but you can go first."

He played with his own hands nervously as Jimin looked down unable to make eye contact as he was met with the reality of what he was going to say, but he wanted to hear Yoongi first.

He knew he'd pushed him away a lot for the past week and he could tell it hurt the elder just by the extra bit of mopiness in his mood and him not wanting to wake up in the morning.

So he felt like Yoongi deserved to talk first, too get it everything off his chest, he could explain why later like he knew he would have to.

Both knew what a large part of the conversation was, Yoongi just didn't know how far Jimin would open up to end it.

"N-no you can. I insist..."

And Yoongi bit his lip before he spoke three simple words;

"I miss you."

Jimin looked up to meet the truest sad look in Yoongi's eyes.

It was heart breaking.

He instinctively hugged Yoongi and Yoongi continued after taking a few shaky breaths.

"I miss you Jiminie. I know it's only been a week but I miss you so much Jiminie and I don't know why but it... it hurts... I feel like we've gone all the way back to when we first met where we had a understanding but there was walls between us... I thought... I thought we were slowly taking those walls down and I understand- I understand completely how Sunday affected you and I get that, I want to be there to comfort you like I was on Monday or even just to be there to listen but you just went quiet then you made sure you were busy constantly to run from what happened even though we both know it hurt and scared you. I want to protect you and look after you, be the one you can talk to. I want to be there for you Jimin as your friend and maybe-" he stopped himself before saying the last part which both him and Jimin knew even though Jimin would've been oblivious prior to his conversation with Yui.

Jimin held Yoongi slightly closer and and ran his fingers through Yoongi's hair comfortingly as he whispered "I miss you too and I'm so so sorry."

Pausing before saying "I owe you an explanation even though I'm sure you can already figure it out..."

Yoongi leaned away with slightly red eyes, wiping at them quickly but then keeping eye contact as Jimin explained.

He was listening and was all ears for Jimin.

"Basically the whole Choi thing completely upset me because there was the whole conflict of forgiveness or not but I decided not after that talk with you because I knew I'd never be able to forgive him I just didn't want to be a bad person. After that one the Monday I was feeling guilty and just wanted someone there to distract me from my guilt and you were there, thank you by the way it meant a lot, but during that day I did a lot of thinking... and I think it was a case of long term avoidance being met with potential acceptance happened and I got spooked. Big time. So I avoided it by staying busy and god I've never missed anyone more than I've missed you avoiding... you... which wasn't a fair thing to do and that's where I owe you the biggest explanation..."

He took a shaky breath before looking up and making eye contact again which he'd broken almost instantly and carried on.

"I thought about all the things you were to me and how important to me you are and how I more than likely wouldn't be here where I am mentally without you. And I listed all these things and well... I basically realised your probably the most important person in my life and then I asked my self why are you different than all my other friends, the five of them, because our all amazing but... I realised there was something different with us which may sound stupid considering you showed me how to kiss but that's not the point... the point is I realised I couldn't keep denying what I've been denying for years since I started to think about it in the back of my mind if I wanted to keep us... us? But I didn't want to accept it and I didn't want to lose you. So it was a back and forth and with the many point and not points and the large amount of rambling I'm getting to the real point I guess considering that's what I've had to accept because in reality I'd rather accept something I'm... scared of? Than lose you. And I know it's stupid to be scared but after everything... it's scary... yeah- scary. And well, hyung..."

He glanced down for a moment, entertaining his and Yoongi's shaking hands before looking up again and getting lost for a moment in Yoongi's deep brown eyes that made it so easy for the words to just slip from his lips.

"I'm gay."