Part 1: Leaving

"Yoongi! Grab your stuff and lets go! This is our first time attending! We have to make a good impression!"

The same soft voice Yoongi had grown up hearing called up to him from downstairs, the voice belonging to the only consistent thing in his life.

His mother.

He groaned finally forcing himself out of his make shift bed and put on the first things he saw, not paying attention to it.

He quickly made his way downstairs slipping on some slides and a hoodie before making his way out the door and too the car where people were waiting for him to take him to the place he didn't want to go.

He climbed in not thinking much about anything other than sleep but when the car didn't start moving and everyone looked at him he couldn't help but to tiredly ask "What?"

His mother let out a sigh as his step father and step brother both looked at him; one looking in disappointment and the other amazement.

After another moment of silence and Yoongi's confusion and irritation growing his mother finally said "You look like you've just rolled out of bed sweetie, why didn't you put on the clothes I set out for you?"

Yoongi looked at her with a face that said 'really?' which caused her to let out a slight chuckle.

That was definitely her son.

She sweetly smiled at the tired boy and said "Go get changed quick honey, and Kookie dear? Could you please find your hyung some proper shoes as he gets dressed?" offering him an equally as sweet grin.

Both boys nodded before getting out of the car, each's reaction being different.

Yoongi let out a irritated sigh where as Jungkook had a bright bunny smile on his face as he skipped out of the car.

Yoongi couldn't understand how the boy could be so cheery before 10am.

Yoongi made his way straight back to his room to look for and get changed into the clothes that were left for him and Jungkook started rooting through the unpacked box under their stairs.

He quickly reappeared because he knew they were on a time crunch and he found Jungkook confusedly rooting through the box looking completely lost and confused making Yoongi chuckle.

He went over and ruffled the boys hair, pointing out "The shoes she means are in a separate box but thank you for looking." giving Jungkook a soft smile, since the boy was a cute lil bunny who needed to be protected, before grabbing the box and slipping on the shoes.

Being able to call Jungkook a brother was one of the only good things that Yoongi saw came from his mothers remarriage and he was grateful for the younger boy since his constant smile and random antics always seemed to brighten his mood.

The soft bunny needed to be protected so as his step brother Yoongi took on that role fully.

They both set back out for the car and although Yoongi still looked rushed he was dress more fittingly to how his family were dressed so they couldn't really complain.

Yoongi and Jungkook both climbed back into the car and they began to drive in silence until the question they all knew was coming was finally asked.

"How long is this thing?"

.

.

.

"Short enough."