Part 41: Trying

Jimin had been thinking a lot since the night him and Yoongi spoke.

He'd hoped the elder had forgotten about it but questions kept flooding his mind and he couldn't help but keep having reoccurring thoughts in his head.

'What are these feelings?'

'Am I actually...?'

'Should I say it?'

So when the pair were sat watching a film alone in the living room these thoughts only got stronger in Jimin's head.

Jimin nervously twitched in his seat again for the tenth time in the past ten minutes.

Yoongi wanted to ask what was wrong but he'd known Jimin for long enough to know he'd go to him in his own time.

And as if on queue Jimin called out "Hyung?"

Yoongi looked up, instantly giving his full attention to the younger boy and curiously asked "Yes Jiminie?" awaiting a response.

He took note of how Jimin looked down nervously and how he was playing with his hands as he gave Jimin the time he needed to say what he wanted.

And eventually Jimin said "Can I ask you something...?"

Yoongi being Yoongi had a smart arse answer but tried not to use it knowing how sensitive Jimin was so tried to make time as he came up with a different answer saying "Eh-" deciding just saying yes was 'too casual.'

Jimin knew exactly what he was thinking though so whined "Really hyung~" pouting out of annoyance at the older boy.

He wasn't annoyed as in mad but more so annoyed that his response was so predictable, he wanted to ask something seriosu so he hoped the over all conversation was more serious.

Yoongi knew he was caught but played dumb saying "W-what?" mentally cursing for stuttering because it just gave it away fully and he couldn't hide it.

He knew with how nervous Jimin was he shouldn't give sarcastic answers because it would throw the boy off, so even though he knew he was caught he tried to play dumb.

Something Jimin saw straight through.

"It's written all over your face!"

"What is!?"

"What your thinking!"

Yoongi had one thought which he knew Jimin knew in that moment 'Shit'

Either way Yoongi still defensively shouted "What was it then?!" causing Jimin to shake his head and try to stop himself from shouting.

His emotions were high and he knew it was stupid to argue over but he couldn't stop himself from quoting "'Well yah just did.'" right down to the replacement of you with yah which Yoongi did when he was being sarcastic.

He was defiantly caught.

All he could do was defensively yell "Okay! You can't blame me for naturally being sarcastic! It's my reaction when I get nervous!" the defensiveness in his tone quickly going to apologetic.

Jimin knew this and was fine with it but the reason for his reaction made him frown and ask "Why are you nervous?"

Yoongi frowned too as he sadly admitted "Because normally when people say can I ask you something it's either your in trouble or their looking for your opinion and when you care you get nervous about upsetting them-" caring all too much about upsetting people.

He wasn't a bad guy and Jimin knew that so he changed his mind on his decision to ask Yoongi what he was.

He stood up saying "I knew I shouldn't have even tried- sorry hyung, i'll leave you alone now-" being cut off by Yoongi who stood up and grabbed his arm before he could leave trying to say "Wait Jimin-" but being stopped by the clearly sad younger.

Jimin bitterly chuckled "It's fine hyung, really it was dumb anyways." before pulling his arm away from Yoongi deciding he was too emotional.

There was only thing he felt like he couldn't mess up doing in that moment so he did it.

He left.

He left Yoongi stood staring sadly after him with a pang of guilt the younger didn't ask or open up to him.

Whatever it was Yoongi knew it was important so quietly whispered "Nothing you do is dumb to me..."