Part 9: Serious

"I see no issue with it but Jungkook makes a solid point in other people's views and what he said is accurate. If anyone found out we were having a conversation like this right now we'd be out at risk of being social outcasts or shunned like some other people in the town who are nice people but openly speak out about stuff the community try and hide and ignore. It's okay to like whoever you want from a moral view but some places haven't caught up to that idea like here."

Yoongi frowned realising how far behind people were still since he finally thought the world was getting somewhere, but in reality it was just where he used to live that was catching up which filled him was a different sense of fear.

It was scary to be in a place with no one as openly up to date as you so Yoongi couldn't help but mumble "Well if they haven't caught up maybe they should..." allowed.

Jin could tell by the look on Yoongi's face a lot about him since he'd seen someone with the same look before which only made the conversation harder.

He didn't want Yoongi to go through the same as... him... so he softly asked "How though? No one around here now would willing come out and risk being kicked out of their family. And if they accepted losing family they still have to deal with the fact that no one would associate with them, with the fear of being hated by the people they love themselves."

He knew a case where that happened all to well...

Yoongi similarity could tell by the look on Jin's face and his soft tone that what he said wasn't just a 'it's happened before' but a 'I've seen it happen' which he knew the pain of too.

But he knew he had to say what he felt even if it was just in hopes to offer some form of comfort over why someone should make a decision to risk it all.

"It isn't an easy choice or thought process but... if they love you they should accept that... a family should be stronger than a communities view and should grow to accept or at least try... If they don't at least try you deserve better then it's worth the risk... If they can't love all of you they don't deserve any of you or expect you to change- but that's my personal view, everyone's entitled to their own."

Jin frowned sadly and whispered "It's views like that which only seem to cause problems here, no matter how valid they are..."

Yoongi turned to Jimin who looked equally as sad but also conflicted so he choose not to ask the other boy to spare him from saying something he might regret.

Instead of the room falling into silent Jungkook softly called out "Yoongi hyung?" Causing all the people in the room to turn to him.

With a soft smile Yoongi sweetly replied "Yes Kookie?" Already knowing where the conversation was going.

All Jungkook had to say was "Are you..." for Yoongi to finish "Gay?" Getting a hum in response from Jungkook.

Yoongi sighed before explaining "Technically... I'm Pan which basically means I'll love anything regardless of gender and I'm not going to try and hide it. I never have a never will."

Jungkook nodded slightly with a small smile on his face for a moment before it turned back into a frown.

He quietly mumbled "Does Eomma..." trailing off to what Yoongi could only assume the ending off.

"Yes Eomma knows. That's why her and my appa got a divorce - other than the fact he was a fucking good for nothing prick who deserves to rot in hell, but I might just be biased. And she accepts me for it."

Jungkook began to ask "Does-" but Yoongi cut him off answering "Yes Kookie your appa knows too. And all he asked is I try not to get in trouble with people and we won't have an issue. He's fine with it." Already knowing where Jungkook was going with it.

Jungkook stayed quiet as did everyone else in the room so Yoongi asked "Are you okay with it?"

Jungkook paused as he thought before glancing between his friends and Yoongi.

He took a big risk and nodded.

Jin hugged him, proud that the younger was so mature and Yoongi smiled sweetly to him and the other boy.

Jimin in the other hand stayed back and just watched as the heart warming scene unfolded before him, but unlike Jin he didn't react.

He just stayed where he was sat smiling sadly at them, wanting the genuine shy smiles and maturity the others had but he was to scared.

He wasn't willing to make the same risk.