Chapter 3

Abigail's POV

I walked into school with Aidan by my side until he ran off and found his group of friends. I found my locker and put my books in except for my science book. "Hey" Sam says putting his arm over my shoulder. "Hey" I say taking his arm off me and try walking away from him. "Babe wait up" he says and I stop and turn around "Call me babe one more time and watch what happens" I say and smile. "Feisty, I like it" he says and I turn around and keep walking. I walked to science and sat at my desk and Sam sat beside me.

*Lunch*

"Oh my gosh Abigail is it true?" Gaby asked me as I sat down next to her. "Is what true?" I ask as I take a sip of my lemonade. "You and Sam are dating?!" Natasha blurts. I practically choked on my drink. "What?!" "Sam has been going around school saying you too hooked up last night?" "Slut" Kiara mumbles under her breath. "What a joke!" "Didn't Mrs.Cole pair you guys up?" Nicole asked. "Yea but we haven't even started working on our project. I can't believe him!" I say getting up. I walked up to Sam's table. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I say slamming my hands down on the table. "What wrong babe" he says and his friends laugh and smirk. "Damn she's fine" another says. "Fuck off" I tell them. "Babe... Abigail" he says correcting himself, "Can we go talk over there?" "Sam! Why the fuck are you telling people we're dating? or that we hooked up?" he looked away and bit his lip. "Sam what the fuck? And I told you to stop calling me babe" "Babe please" "Sam!" I say and he smashed his lips onto mine. I pulled away and slapped him across the face. "Leave me the fuck alone" I say and push his chest. I walk around "Nice ass!" he yells and I flick him off.

-----------------------------------------

I walked over to the car and saw Aidan smoking a joint with Sam, Jack, and a couple other kids. "Abi, we're going to go play basketball I'll catch you at the house" "Okay, give me the keys" I said and he handed them to me. I walked past Sam and into my car. I drove home and did my homework. My phone rang. "Hello?" "Hey it's Sam." "How did you get my number?" "Your brother gave it to me." "Ok why are you calling me?" "We have to work on our project." "Great" "Ok come over." "Are you sure? You might tell people I hooked up with you again." "Just come over." He said and hung up. I changed into sweats and a black v neck. I grabbed my phone and walked over. I knocked on the door and Lori answered. "Hey sweetie." "Hey Lori how are you?" "Good. Sam is upstairs." "Ok thank you."

I walked upstairs and knocked on his door just in case. "Come in." He said. I opened the door and walked in. "Hey Abi." "Please don't call me that." "I can't call you Abi or babe what am I suppose to call you?" "Abigail. I didn't come here to talk to you I came to do this project. Now can we start?" I asked.

We worked on our project until 9. "Ok we have done enough for today. I'm going home." I said and got up. "Are you sure you want to go?" "Yeah. Bye." I said and he walked up to me and hugged me. I didn't hug back. "Why are you like that?" "Like what?" "You act like you don't even care, like you hate me." "Maybe because you told the whole school that I was hooking up with you, but we both know that isn't the truth." I said and walked out. I rather not deal with him. I said bye to Lori and Steven and walked home.

---------------------------------------

"Abigail come on we're late!" Aidan yells into my room running down the stairs. I quickly braided my hair, grabbed my bag and phone and ran downstairs. I grabbed an apple and ran out the door after Aidan. He got in the drivers seat and drove off to school.

"Alright class take a seat" Mr. Salazar says as I walk in and the bell rings. "Hey Abigail" Sam says as I sit down. "Congratulations you finally got it right" "Or I can just call you babe again" "Abigail sounds great" I say and put my elbows on the table trying to focus on Mr. Salazar. "Ok so today we are doing an experiment, you will be paired up with the person you are sitting next to" He explained that we were making a volcanic reaction. "Ok now put 2 teaspoons of baking soda" Sam complained that he wasn't doing anything so I let him do this part. He put two teaspoons but kept going. "Sam he said two!" I say and the volcano erupts and gets everywhere and all over us. "Mrs. Hernandez and Mr. Wilkinson do you think this is some kind of joke?" I glared at Sam. "I'm waiting" "No sir" I say trying to be respectful. "It was pretty funny" Sam says. "I will see you two in detention" he says and I roll my eyes. Sam laughed "More time with you" he says and smirks. "Yay how exciting" I say and roll my eyes.

The bell rang and I went to 2nd period. Yet another class with Sam. Mrs. Cole gave us time to work on our projects then made us do a written report still in groups. "Ok so you'll do all the work and I'll just put my name on it" Sam said. "Or you can do your half of the work then put your name on it" "I like my idea better" "Why do you have to be so obnoxious?" "What have I done?" he asks looking all innocent. "Oh you mean besides the fact that you got me a detention and probably an F?" 2nd period couldn't have gone by any slower. The bell finally rung and I walked to 3rd period. I sat in my usual seat next to Jack. "Hey Abigail, or Abi if that's okay?" he asks looking down. "Yes, Jack it's fine" I say and laugh lightly. We started working on our next assignment, "How do you like it here?" "Ahh it's okay, it's really different from New York" "Yea have you made a lot of friends?" "I've met a couple people" "Can I ask you something?" he asks still sketching. "Yea go for it" I say looking up from my sketch book. "Did you and Sam really hook up?" he asks raising an eyebrow. "Ew no of course not!" I say shaking my head. "Who told you that?" I asked curiously. "The man himself" he says and I roll my eyes. "Why would he say that?!" "Well everyone saw you guys kissing yesterday at lunch" "No, no that wasn't us kissing. That was Sam kissing me. He's so annoying" "Oh come on he's not that bad" "Please" I say and look at him like he's crazy, which right now would make a lot of sense.

*After Detention*

"Can I give you a ride?" Sam asks me as I walk out of school. "No thanks" "Come on Abi" "Don't call me that" "Please, it's the least I can do" I waited for a while. "Whatever" It beats walking, I think and walk to his car. "Why does it smell like weed in here?" I ask as I get into his car. "Oops"

He drove me to my house and I got out of the car. "Thanks." "Your welcome." He said and drove to his house and parked in his driveway. I walked in to the house and saw my brother sitting on the couch. "Hey" I said. "Hey where were you?" "Detention." "Again? I guess your a badass now." "No Sam got me in trouble." I said and rolled my eyes. "Mhm ok. Theres a party tonight. Wanna go?" He asked. "I'll think about it." I said and walked to my room.