The After Effects *Rocky's POV*

After Avery left, I felt a thousand pair of eyes looking at me like I was a lost puppy... who was hit by a semi... in the pouring rain. And I hated it!

Riker rested his hand on my shoulder, his eyes were soft, full of concern. “You okay man?”

I nodded, plastering a fake smile on my face. I turned to the crowd who formed around us. “I thought this was a party! Where's the music?!”

Ryland awkwardly turned up the music, than going to sit back down next to Kelly and Ratliff in front of the fire's flame.

“Go talk to him.” Kelly nudged her boyfriend.

Ratliff was hesitant. “Fine, but he's not gonna be happy with me.” And he was right. I don't want people to remind me what just happened.

My best friend still made his way over to me at the drink table. He rested his arm on my shoulder. “You okay?”

“Yeah.” I smiled, or at least I faked one pretty well. “But I think I'm just gonna go up to my room.” Ratliff nodded his head, giving me a man hug.

“You know I'm here for you Rocky.” He said, proving his loyalty as a best friend. We hugged again, than I trudged my way up to my room, trying my hardest not to break down crying in front of all of these people.

~~~

When I was in my room, I turned on the radio and of course it was on the country station! Oh, and the radio station thought it was the perfect time to play Wanted by Hunter Hayes.

But instead of turning it off, I threw myself on my bed, closing my eyes, just listening to the lyrics. Tears were streaming down from my eyes.

Suddenly, a familiar scent filled my nose: vanilla sugar. I flipped my eyes open, my head snapped up with excitement. I expected to see Avery in my room, leaning on my doorway like she always does. But I was sadly disappointed when I saw Laura with her arms crossed, leaning on the door frame.

“Oh, hey Laura. What's up?” I greeted with a sad smile on my face. I reached across to the radio, switching it off.

She sat on Riker's bed across from me. “You okay?” She questioned, with a sad smile.

I scoffed, standing to my feet. “Why does everybody keep asking me that?!” When she opened her mouth, I cut her off with more ranting. “I mean its not like the only girl I have ever loved just ripped out my heart and shredded it into a million pieces.” My voice was full of bitter sarcasm, tears were forming in my eyes.

“Awe, come here.” Laura said softly, moving from Riker's bed to mine. She wrapped her arms around me, holding me close.

“What went wrong?” I cried out. “What did I do wrong?”

“Oh, honey, it's not you fault. You didn't do anything wrong.” She cooed, her finger playing with a strand of my hair. “Rocky, she doesn't deserve a guy as great as you are.”

I opened my mouth to protest, but she cut me off. “And one day you are going to find a girl who's gonna love you, for you.” She unwrapped her arms from me, but still kept hold of my hands. “I know it doesn't seem like it now, but trust me, it will happen.”

I scoffed to myself. My eyes wondered across my room as I tried not to break down crying in front of my brother's co star. Of all of the things in my room, they found a fame picture of me and Avery. It was from the night R5 was preforming in Chicago, one of our awesome fans managed to capture a perfect moment when Avery and I were looking into each others eyes, you could just see that we were in love. Well, at least I thought we were.