sixty two

Courtney's POV~

"Sorry.. who are you?" I have no clue who this man is, but he acts like he knows me. "What's going on? Where am I?" He looks breathless, like he just got punched in the gut.

One of the doctors comes in and grabs his shoulder, pushing him back into the hallway. His eyes plead with me to remember.

His eyes are entrancing and electric. He's perfect in almost every way. His lips are plump and his hair is flawlessly tousled back. Although he's heavenly, he also looks exhausted. Purple bags hang underneath his eyes, stubble dots his face and it all comes together with glossy eyes.

He looks so familiar. I try hardest to think of where I've seen him, but it gives me a headache. I grab the nurses wrist weakly.

"Where am I?" My voice is hoarse. It hurts my body to sit up. Actually, it hurts to move in general. My entire body aches with any movement.

"You're in the hospital." I clear my throat.

"Why?"

"You were involved in an accident and it seems as though you've lost some of your memory. But don't worry, you're going to be just fine." She smiles and I know she means it. But I don't feel fine. I feel like part of my life is gone.

"Is it temporary?" I roll my head to the side, feeling tired and a little sick.

"We don't know for sure. You'll be here for a couple more days while we monitor you and then you'll get to go home." I frown.

"Where is that?"

"I'm afraid I don't know that. I'll have to ask Dr. Pierce." I nod. Questions move through my head like they're on a conveyor belt.

"Who was that guy who was in here?" Her plastered smile wavers for a split second. She looks outside at who I'm assuming is Dr. Pierce and he nods. She nods back to him.

"I'll let him introduce himself to you." She gestures for him to come forward and he emerges from the hallways. His eyes are red and puffy. He's been crying. He stands next to me, but it feels like he's not really there.

"I'm Brendon Urie." I close my eyes and think of the name. Nothing.

"I'm Courtney.." why can't I think of my last name? "Courtney.."

"Covington." I nod. That's it.

"Yeah. How did you know that?"

"We're friends." That must be why he looks so familiar. It makes sense now. I decide that I need to ask him all the questions I don't know about myself. If he's a friend, then he'll know the basics.

"This is really random, but do you know where I live?" I laugh a little and he lowers his gaze, forcing a smile.

"Yeah. You live with me." I shake my head. There's no way I live with this man and we're only friends. Maybe if it was anyone else, but c'mon, look at him. I may have lost some of my memory, but I'm not an idiot.

The look in his eyes is a dead giveaway too. Sadness mixed with guilt and regret. He knows me in ways I don't even know myself anymore.