ten

I wake up in the morning and start my usual routine: wake up, shower, get dressed and leave. Well that was my usual routine. But now all it's been is: think about Brendon. And that's it. I haven't been able to sleep, or function and I'm not sure why.

He pulls me in like a magnet and I can't pull away. I want to. At least I think I do. All I know is that absolutely nothing can happen between the two of us and that's final.

But I tend to say that every time I walk into this damned office.

I walk into the building and converse with some of my downstairs coworkers before pressing the button to the elevator. I stand waiting for a minute, and I feel people swarming behind me as they line up to cram in the elevator. I feel someone stand right up beside me and I give a small side glance to see who it is, but I already know.

Brown eyes subtly stare back at me and I basically melt. I shyly look away and fiddle with my hands, something I always do when I get nervous. The doors open and Brendon and I are the first to walk in. I press the level four button and stand closely to the back. Others file in, all of them level two workers.

I feel him move closer to me and our hands touch. My heartbeat is loud in my ears and I can barely hear. The elevator door opens to the 3rd floor and a pile of people move out, leaving Brendon and I alone.

"You look.. uh," he looks me up and down, then clearing his throat says,"good. You look good."

"I can say the same for you, Mr. Urie." His flirtatious eyes leave me speechless. Before the doors open, he makes one more comment.

"I believe we have some unfinished business that I'd like to tend to later." I look over at him, not saying a word as the doors open and he walks to his office.

Smooth asshole.

I follow him out and Emery pops her head around the corner.

"Oh hey, Mr. Urie. Nina is looking for you. Speaking of, you should give Courtney a ginormous raise for filling out paperwork with her the other day. That's kinda my worst nightmare." He raises an eyebrow at her.

"You helped with her paperwork?" Before I can say a word, Emery chimes in.

"Well yeah, didn't you know already though?" He glances over at me and I send him a look I'm hoping he'll understand on a telepathic level.

"Right! The thing you told me the other day. I remember that. Also, can I talk to you for a minute?" I nod and he pulls me aside into his office.

"Sorry, she asked why you were in my office, so I told her that I was telling you about helping Nina with her paperwork." He nods along and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I guess that means you actually helped her?" I nod my head.

"She was having a hard time, so I did what I had to." He looks at me with a hint of awe gleaming in his eyes,"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"No reason." I chuckle and shake my head. I turn to leave when he walks over to his desk to work,"I really meant what I said this morning."

"About having unfinished business?" I try and conceal my excitement at addressing the elephant in the room as he laughs.

"There's that," he looks up at me to analyze my reaction,"but also about you looking beautiful." I can't help the grin that splits onto my face.

"I believe you just said that I looked good."

"I meant to say beautiful, but I got a little caught up at the sight of you." He winks at me and I giggle.

"That's awfully cheesy of you, Mr. Urie." Our grins match as I look up at him. I get a thrill out of just looking at his smile that makes me want to scream.