Threats + True love

The next day on set, Avery and Raini sat on the couch in Avery's dressing room. Calum was across the room making popcorn. The latest song from One Direction came pouring in on the radio. The three friends were laughing at Calum who just cracked a joke. Raini turned to her friend, a grin on her face. “What happened over the weekend? I heard you and Rocky like ran away.”

Avery bit her lip and nodded her head.

“Tell me everything! Where did you go? What did you guys do?” She thought for a second. “Were Stormie and Mark mad at you guys?”

“A little bit. But once they knew we were at home safe and sound, they eased up a bit.” Avery replied. “But we were both grounded.”

Raini laughed. “So where did you guys go?”

“We somehow ended up in New Mexico visiting my grandma and some of they cousins. And Saturday night we went to a local concert.” She thought in awe of that night. “You guys should have seen Rocky on stage. The crowd loved him!” Her voice was soft as she thought about her boyfriend.

“That's cool.” Calum said nonchalantly, sitting on the couch across from the girls. He shovel a handful of popcorn into his mouth, obviously wanting to change the sunject.

“Cool?! That's amazing!” Raini exclaimed. “Oh, speaking of amazing, I heard Rocky got you a puppy!”

Avery's face lite up. She pulled out her cell phone, showing Raini and Calum her background photo: Rocky and Cupcake sleeping in Rocky's bed.

“He is so cute!” The curly haired girl squeaked.

“Calum and Raini to set. Again, Calum and Raini to set.” The over head shouted from a speaker.

Calum and Raini got out of their seats. “Later Sunny.” Calum said, walking out of the room.

Avery walked over to the radio, switched it to the local country station. As soon as she heard the song, she started to sing and dancing along to Angel Eyes by Love and Theft.

“Hey Sunny.” A snarky voice came from the door.

Avery turned around to see Laura leaning against the door frame, her arms crossed over her chest.

“Hi Laura.” Her voice was dripping with sarcasm. “What do you want?”

Laura walked over to the radio, turning it up so nobody could hear them talking. “Oh nothing. I just wanted to know how your little trip was.”

Avery gave a wicked smirk, crossing her arms over her chest. “It was amazing. We went to New Mexico. Saw my grandma, who absolutely adores Rocky. We went to a concert.”

“Well, isn't that just swell.” Laura replied sarcastically.

“It was.” Avery replied, placing her hands on her hips with an attitude. “And we brought the puppy bought me.”

Laura's jaw dropped. “He bought you a friken dog?”

Avery nodded her head. “His name is Cupcake.”

The co star quickly recomposed herself and a wicked smirk came across her face. “Well, what does Zander think about Rocky?” She placed her hands on her hips.

Avery was shocked, her jaw fell to the ground. “W-what are you talking about?” She replied, trying to keep it together

“Oh, Avery, don't play dumb. I know all about your twin brother, separated at birth, and your dad.” Laura smirked, knowing she had the upper hand.

Avery fought the strong urge to smack Laura across the face. “Why do you even care?”

“Oh, I don't care about your brother, or even your cancer stricken father.” She said, walking around the dressing room, fingering the guitar that sat in the corner of the room. “But I do know that you don't want people to know about them. Especially Rocky.”