Chapter 56

Day one.

We are given the task to climb on the bridge, and collecting the colored flag which represents our team.

But,

The bridge is broken. Not completely. But it shakes alot when you're walking on it.

And one should remember not to look down.

After collecting the flag, we need to tug it in the rock with our color represented in the particular rock.

But, that's not it. We need to do all that in five minutes.

Our team was representing green color while Cole's team was representing blue color.

Only two members could participate for each team.

The first one to reach gets forty points, and the second one gets thirty, while the third one gets twenty.

Blake and Brody were taking part from thier team, while from mine, Jessica and Jordan.

I looked over at Jessica, who was preparing herself.

"You remember the plan right?" I whispered.

She smirked before nodding.

Jessica, Jordan, Brody, Blake and all the other participants stood in the start line, waiting for the teacher to ring the bell.

As soon as the bell rang, all of them ran off.

But, since the bridge was broken and shaking, many came back half way.

My eyes searched for Jessica when I noticed that Brody was taking the lead, and Blake and Jordan shortly after him.

I spotted Jessica because of her red hair.

She was running a little slow, as she subtly bent down, and took out the red paint from her pocket before applying it on her knee.

Yes. She's doing it all right.

Bethany was standing beside me, as she worriedly watched the race.

I saw Jessica fake crying loudly as she fell on the bridge.

Since not many people were on the bridge, Brody was quick to turn around to watch Jessica.

He panicked as he ran back, towards her.

But till the time he noticed that everything was fake, the bell went off.

Meaning someone completed the task.

Since I was busy noticing Jessica, I turned to look at Bethany who saw who won.

"Who?" I asked

Please be Jordan.

Bethany looked carefully at me, as she sighed.

I still couldn't see who won.

Talk about being short.

"Hey, who won?" I asked her again.

"Blake. Jordan was second." She said, dissapointedly.

"Oh, fuck." I said, feeling dissapointed as well.

"I told you that we shouldn't cheat. We are never going to win the challenge." Bethany said, and I rolled my eyes.

"There are two more rounds. We can do this." I said, cheering her up a little.

I just hope we clear round two before Cole's team.

$$$$

Day two.