Chapter 18

"Where are we going?" I asked, as soon as Cole and I got inside his oh-so-expensive-car-whose-name-I-didn't-know.

"To your house." He replied as he started the engine.

"You're coming with me to my house?" I asked, out of curiosity.

"No, I'll drop you to your house and then go to my house." He replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Why aren't you going back to the party?" I asked.

"Because I don't want to. Kemma won't leave me if I went there again. She's very clingy." He replied.

"You could've gotten laid with her tonight, why didn't you?" I asked I was curious.

"I could've, but I changed my mind when I saw you crying, and I felt bad so I didn't get want to fuck her. Why were you crying anyway?" He asked as he glanced at my way before looking back at the road again.

"I was crying because you told me that I looked okay, just OKAY. I mean I was kind of offended by what you said. But I didn't cry, I was about to cry but then I thought that my mascara was too expensive to cry over stupid boys like you." I said, looking out of the window.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Cole glancing at me before fixing his gaze on the road.

"You think I'm a stupid boy?" He asked, and by his tone, it looked as if he was offended.

"No sweetie, you're a beautiful monkey," I said as a smirk made its way to my lips.

"Not again." He said with a roll of his eyes.

"Anyways, what about the others, will you go back to pick them up and then drop them to their house after the party?" I asked.

"Do I look like a driver to you? Of course not, everyone is staying there at Ryder's place except for Samantha." He explained.

"Everyone?" I asked.

"Everyone." He assured me.

"Even Jessica?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Even Brody?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Even Bl--" He cut me off.

"Everyone means everyone Xandra." He said as he let out a tired sigh.

"Okay," I said, there was nothing left to talk about.

After two minutes, Cole decided to speak up again.

"Wanna play something?" He asked as he glanced at me.

"Sure," I said, happily.

"Okay, so let's get to know each other better by playing twenty questions. Your turn first. Ask away anything." He said, looking at the road.

"Why don't you express your emotions properly? I mean all you ever do is keep a straight blank face, or an angry one or a stupid smirk which I sometimes want to slap it off your face." I blurt out, without even realizing that Cole was looking at me the whole time, very amused.

"I am actually at a loss of words to answer your question. I mean no one's has ever asked me that. I think it's better to hide your emotions rather than showing it to people who would show you pity and laugh behind your back. Besides, it suits my bad boy personality." He ended up giving me his stupid smirk.

"Oh, I should've known. Your turn." I said, looking at my hands which were on my lap.

"Why are you so scared of ghosts?" He asked, smirking.

He is trying to make fun of me. Bloody Jerk.

"Well, I don't know, I watched insidious with James two months ago, and my fear of ghosts increased since then. That movie was creepy." I said, waiting for him to laugh at me, but he didn't.

I looked up at him to find him already staring at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Who's James?" He asked, quietly.

"Hey, isn't it my turn to ask? My question is, when is your birthday?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"12th January." He said, his eyes fixed on the road.

"Oh, you're older than me. By 19 days or something." I said, counting the days on my fingers.

"My turn, who's James?" He asked again.

"Someone," I replied, Nonchalantly.

Why the hell did I take his name in front of Cole? Damn it.

"Someone who?" He asked as if he thinks that I'm drunk and I'll give him answers, then he is wrong.

"Someone whose life I've ruined yet he loves me," I said, with a smirk on my face, I'm gonna add suspense to the whole thing by dropping hints. Small hints won't cause any harm.

"I'm sleepy," I said, not wanting to talk about James anymore. I brought my knees up to my face and decided to sleep for the time being.

"Oh, Xandra." I heard Cole muttered to himself but I couldn't care less. I was sleepy.

$$$

"Hey Xandra, wake up." I felt Cole shaking me lightly as he tried to wake me up. But I was in no mood to wake up and then go back to sleep in my room.

"Five more minutes please." I pleaded softly as I tried to stay asleep.

And then I suddenly felt as if someone picked me up, bridal style. That someone should be Cole. I mean who else was at my house at that time? No one. My mom did text me saying, she and dad would be home in the morning. I don't even want to know what they were doing right now or where are they even staying?

Wait, this means I'll be home alone for a whole damn night. I can't stay here, not when I know that there is a ghost of a boy in the basement. Once I was with Mason and he did mention it to me that in my house, there lived a small family, but they suddenly moved out. Without giving any excuses or anything. Geez, I can't stay at this place alone, at night with no one.

I felt my back touch the soft mattress of my bed, and I felt the lights being switched off. After that, I felt something which would've made my jaw drop if I were awake.

I felt Cole's lips against my forehead, and then I heard him whisper," Goodnight Xandra." In a very soft voice.

I opened my eyes slightly, only to find him already staring at me wide-eyed. He didn't know that I was awake.

"Please don't leave me in this haunted house alone." I pleaded once more.

Cole had a questioning look on his face, he for once looked as if he didn't know what to do.

"Please." I was literally begging him not to leave.

Cole slowly nodded his head.

"I'll be sleeping in the living room." He stated as he stood up from my bed. But I grabbed his arm.

He looked at me again, a questioning look on his face.

"Stay here," I muttered, slowly feeling asleep.

But before falling asleep, I saw Cole smiling at me. Yes, ladies and gentleman, the Cole Parker just smiled at me. A genuine smile. I gave him a soft smile before letting sleep take over me.

Tippy tap on the little star on the screen to make my day☆

And my dear readers,
I will not be able to update for the next three days. Please bear with me.

By the way,
How is the story so far? I need honest replies. And I do take suggestions.

Love,
Ally ❤