Chapter 35

"Hey Mason, pass me the batter, will you?" I asked Mason as I set the oven's timer.

He passed me the batter. And continued his 'talk' with David.

David and Mason were in the kitchen with me while, all my friends were in the living room.

My parents were out of town, business work.

David and Mason weren't helping me, they were simply increasing my work.

Mason actually didn't see what he was passing to me, he passed me a bowl full of something which I didn't recognize.

I rolled my eyes.

Nobody wanted to help me, yet everyone wanted to eat the damn cake.

"Mason, David?" I called out, as I placed the batter dish in the oven.

"Yeah?" Mason asked me back.

"Mind going to the living room, while I get some stuff done?" I asked him.

He nodded as he and David left the kitchen.

I placed the timer of the oven, and took a seat on the chair.

I had thirty minutes to pass.

I could hear everyone laughing from the living room.

What were the all laughing about?

I wanted to go and chat with everyone else but they strictly told me not to come without the cake.

People can be selfish sometimes.

Selfish and bitchy. I seriously have the worst friends.

After thirty minutes, with the chocolate cake ready, I entered the living room.

As soon as I entered the room, everyone stopped talking.

Mason was about to say something but couldn't when Cole gave him a look that clearly said 'shut up or you're dead.'

Mason looked scared for a minute before deciding not to open his mouth.

Are they hiding something?

"So...should I eat this cake alone?" I asked to no one particular.

"No, I'll help you eating it." Ryder replied immediately.

"No, no one is going to eat the cake except me. No one helped me." I stubbornly said, while cutting a slice of the delicious cake.

Ryder gave me his puppy eyes which I easily ignored.

"Please." Mason said, causing me to finally give in.

His pout and his puppy eyes were something I couldn't handle.

I sighed as I placed the cake on the table.

As soon as I kept it on the table, Ryder and Brody were the first one to attack it.

I rolled my eyes.

$$$$

"Bye." I smiled at Cole as I closed the door.

It was 8 at night. Everyone left.

"Xandra!" I heard Mason call from my bedroom.

Everyone except Mason. He wanted to stay with me for the night, saying that he wanted to protect me from all the evils of the world, since my parents weren't home.

I went upstairs towards my room.

"What is this?" Mason cutely asked me, as he held my childhood photo album in his hands.