Chapter 36

"Seriously Xandra! You need to take care of yourself." My mom scolded me, for the hundredth time.

"I'm sorry, mom." I muttered as I stared at my fingers.

"Oh, Xandra." My mom said, as she pulled me into a hug.

She pulled away, as Dad proceded to give me a hug as well.

Peter stood there, awkwardly.

I internally snickered at him.

"Won't you give me a hug, Pete?" I asked him, as I opened my arms.

Peter awkwardly started moving towards me, but I dropped my arms.

"I wasn't serious." I smirked at him, only to cause him to roll his eyes.

Pete seemed to do that a lot when in my company.

"I had a question, momma bear." I said, looking at mom, who was talking to dad about something.

"What is it, sweetie?" She asked me, stopping her conversation.

"How did...I end up in the hospital? And weren't you guys, out of town?" I asked mom and dad.

This question has been bothering me for the last thirty minutes.

"Jessica called me honey. She told me that you fell of the stairs and injured yourself. And that Cole got you admitted to the hospital when we reached here." My mom explained.

I remember falling of the stairs.

And passing out as well.

But, how did Cole and Jessica enter my house?

"Honey, is something going on between Cole and y--" I cut my dad off.

"Nothing dad. Nothing's going on. He's just the guy next door and I'm the girl next door, who study in the same school, and belong in the same friends circle and our moms are friends as well and our dads are business partne--" I was cut off by Peter.

"The question here is, are you just friends with the Parker boy?" Peter's annoying voice rang through my head.

I took a deep breath, and then sighed.

"Yeah."

Dad didn't look satisfied though. Mom was smirking and Peter had that victory look on his face.

Peter wants his butt to get kicked once we are alone.

"Listen honey, you don't need to lie to me. After all, when I didn't object anything when you were with that James boy, why would I object if you're with my friend's son?" He questioned.

I gulped.

"Dad. I am not with Cole. We are just friends. And please, do not compare Cole with James." I said, looking away.

"I hope he doesn't hurt you like James." My mom said, much to surprise.

"Mom please, why would he hurt me? I thought you liked Cole?" I could'nt help but ask.

"I do. It's just that I'm so worried for you." She reasoned.

I nodded.

"He is still out, isn't he?" Peter asked my mom.

Who is out?

"You're friends, dear." My mom answered, and I realized I said my last thought loudly.

"Oh." I said, my mouth forming a 'o' shape.

My mom chuckled.

"I'll have a talk with that Cole boy." My dad said, and my eyes widened.