Chapter 28

"So, it was written before you even reached your locker?" The principal asked me for the hundredth time.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

I already told him that someone wrote that before I reached my locker.

"Yes, sir," I replied.

You must be wondering, what was written on my locker?

Someone wrote the word SLUT in bold letters with red spray on my locker.

How humiliating. Girls keep glancing at me whenever I walk past them.

"Any suspects about who wrote that?" The principal asked again.

Whom should I name?

Kylie? I don't think she is capable of doing something like this.

Bethany? She isn't either.

Travis? He is too dumb to do this.

Antony? He is...well let's not talk about him.

I have to stay away from him. He is dangerous for me. He knows about James, he knows about me. He might also know about Jasmin. He knows just too much for his own good.

"Anyone?" The principal asked again.

I shook my head.

"So, Miss. Black, you'll have to go to the office to get your new locker number. And don't worry, I've got things sorted out here. I'll call you tomorrow again to show you the CCTV footage." The principal assured me.

I nodded at him, before getting up and leaving the office.

I faintly heard him say, "Have a nice day ahead."

How will I have a nice day? Luck is never with me.

I was surprised to see Cole and Jessica waiting for me outside the office.

This meant, both of them skipped their first class for me.

I'm impressed.

"What happened?" Jessica asked me, as soon as I reached near them.

"He said that he'll call me when he gets the CCTV footage," I said, giving her a small smile.

"Oh Xandra, you must be going through a lot right now," Jessica said, pulling me into a tight hug.

I told her that I had to go to the office to get my new locker number. She said that she would accompany me. But Cole left, telling Jessica that he had Chemistry.

Cole remained quiet the whole time. He is mad at me, and he should be. After all, I am hiding such a big secret from him, from all my friends.

You guys must be wondering why. I'll tell you.

When Cole and I saw my locker at first, Cole was furious. Very furious actually. He wanted to beat the crap out of Antony, and he started storming towards the place where Antony was standing, which wasn't very far from us, it was as if he was he was watching the scene from afar.

Anyways, when Antony figured out about what Cole was about to do, he made eye contact with me, as if he wanted to tell me something. As if, warning me.

And I understood. Antony would have exposed me if I didn't stop Cole. I rushed towards Cole, grabbing his ar--I mean trying to grab his arm, but he wasn't stopping.

I started crying because I couldn't bear the thought of being ignored and humiliated by everyone once they found out about the truth.

Cole stopped when he saw me crying.