Finally.

A Few Days Ago

"Can I read the journal where you wrote about us?" Sarah asked, her voice shaky. Her eyes were red while her heart was feeling blue.

Laura nodded and after she stored the envelop into the safe, she handed her journal over to Sarah. "Before I read, we have to talk." Sarah said, her voice laced with determination. Laura nodded her head, giving her pull attention to her best friend.

"I want to send C a message." Laura's eyes widened. "And oh, one more thing!" Laura waited.

"I want to kill C." 

~TL~

The Present

While C tired himself out by pacing around the house, after celebration, his minions went to look for the person or persons responsible for cutting up Sam's body. They tried to trace Sam's steps before he disappeared but no one knew where he went. He just told C and the others that in order to bring some dirt on Laura and the others, he had to go out in the field himself. Usually C didn't mind him leaving, helping C with his mission, but C wasn't entirely sure if he should let Sam go alone. But Sam had promised to his lover that he would be fine, that he wanted to stop sitting around on his arse and be useful for C, the love of his life. Touched by his words, C brought Sam for a fierce kiss as he let Sam follow his heart. 

And Sam had done a good job as well. At first, he tried to search for dirt on Taylor but the blonde had nothing more to hide except for her abusive past with her former girlfriend and that had been discussed among themselves in open. Sam did find information about the blonde having relationships with other of her prior suitors but they had nothing interesting, in Sam's opinion, and by interesting it meant that Sam was looking for something that he or C could use to blackmail them or to torture them with. 

Sam then shifted his focus on Lily. Whenever his mind wandered to his former partner, a strange feeling would brew in his stomach. A feeling laced with guilt for what he did and resentment towards his actions. Sam knew that Lily didn't deserve the pain that Sam had put her through but whenever his mind began to wander about, he would force himself to think about C, the way C had asked him to. C told him that there was no room for Sam or anyone to feel guilty or to regret their actions, especially not when their bigger picture was held more importance their feelings. And like a fool in love, Sam chose to listen to C and not his heart. When Sam tried to find something, anything weird or off about Lily's life, he was filled with disappointment as he drew up empty once again. What the hell am I going to say to C especially when he trust me with such an important task? Sam's thoughts enticed a dark cloud over his head. 

But he hadn't lost hope yet for he still had Laura and Sarah in his list. When he tried to check upon Sarah, he found out that both Sarah and Laura were off to Mauritius for Laura's new movie while Lily and Taylor stayed back. That's a bit strange, Sam thought to himself as he was still oblivious of the entire story. But when he saw Lily and Taylor quite busy on set of their new projects, he understood why Sarah tagged along with Laura. Sam was impressed how Laura managed to recruit so many people for each of their safety. He decided to follow Laura and Sarah and while it was difficult to follow them while they were flying in Laura's private jet, he was not so unlucky in New York. Since Laura and Sarah and the others hadn't changed their mobile phones, Sam was still able to track their devices and he did exactly that which led him in front of Laura's house in New York.