Journal(s)?

When the pilot told them that their trip from Los Angeles to Mahébourg would take a total of thirty-one hours and forty-five minutes, both Laura and Sarah let out frustrated grunts. Laura had no problem flying, she even loved it because it was an easy and quick mode of transportation; however, the raven-haired was more inclined towards short-duration flights but with her profession, she could not help but fly long distances. While Laura got restless in flights, Sarah was terrified of flying. She could not fathom how such a huge metallic object could fly thousands of feet above the ground. But with her best friend beside her, who held her hand throughout the flight, providing comfort, it really soothed Sarah. Since their first destination was New York, the first couple of hours Laura and Sarah talked through the journey. But when the raven-haired saw Sarah getting bored and tired, she asked Sarah to go ahead and lie down. Sarah asked Laura to join her as well since the raven-haired had nothing much to do, staying awake alone. But Laura begged to differ as she produced a book from her purse. And Sarah shut her mouth, knowing how much her friend loved reading. 

But before Laura could loose herself into the world of fiction, she took Sarah's hand in hers and took her to the bedroom of the flight. It was a small room but it was beautiful nonetheless. Laura pulled her hand away from Sarah's grip and leaning down, she fluffed the pillows and prepared the bed for her best friend. Extending her hand towards the brunette, Laura let out a soft smile towards Sarah as the brunette grabbed her hand. When Sarah sat on the bed, she looked up at her best friend. Laura crouched down and getting on her knees, the green eyes looked deeply and gratefully into Sarah's browns. Laura leaned forward and tucked a stray hair behind Sarah's right ear and slowly placed her right palm over Sarah's cheek. "Thank you so much, my love, for coming with me to Mauritius. You really did not have to come with me and it was wrong of Taylor and me to ask you to come on this trip, but I am so grateful that you did. I owe you one, Sar." 

Laura's speech stunned Sarah as she stared back at her best friend with knitted brows. "Are you kidding me? I am so glad that Taylor asked me to tag along with you. I would not lie that it would have been a blast if we all were together but I am thrilled to be here with you, alright? And it's not like I will have a lot of time with you to spend in Mauritius. So, I am going to make the best out the trip alone." Sarah winked at her friend but before Laura say anything Sarah leaned forward and gave a chaste kiss against Laura's slightly parted lips. "You owe me nothing, Laura." 

Laura took a moment to catch her breath, after the kiss. "What do you mean that we won't get to spend much time together?" Laura asked, her voice confused and surprised. 

"Well, you will be working all the time with Bradley Cooper for the movie. You will be very busy! What will I do, you ask? I am going to steal your purse and spend your money." Sarah flashed a naughty grin at her friend. But Sarah was not kidding, she knew that going abroad to shoot for movies was never smooth sailing. New location, new people and lots of adjusting to do. 

Sarah's eyes widened when Laura suddenly grabbed her face into her hands. "I am going to sound super clingy in about a second but I really don't care, okay?" Laura's deep voice made Sarah gulp hard and to nod her head. "I know you will get bored out of your mind, but I want you to be there with me while I shoot. And yes, it's not fair to you but your safety is my first concern." And yours is mine, Sarah bit her words. "But if you do want to go shopping or sight-seeing without me, my friends will be there with you, overshadowing you. Is that cool?" Laura asked Sarah as if the brunette had any other choice. 

Laura knew that she was being overprotective and a little possessive towards her best friend but that's what best friends do, they become possessive and protective of their friends. But it was not that. C had tried to sabotage their holiday before and this time, Laura was not taking any chances. And Sarah knew that and she did not mind as long as they were both safe. "And I would not mind if you want to spend my money, but I was thinking that we could do that together." Laura bit her lip in apprehension.