Chapter 45:💍

Riley's POV

Today was one for the books. I was now Mrs. Riley Ross. I was so in love. The type of love where you think it couldn't get any better than the love you have for them currently. I felt on top of the world. I have the man of my dreams... how did I get so lucky ?! He's smart, rich, a business man, he's a good father, and he loves us unconditionally.... him being fine asf was just icing on the cake.

Our wedding was private of course, we both didn't have family. I just wished Ma and Pa could have seen it. I tried to shake the thought but I started to tear up.

"What's wrong?" Akeem said wiping my tears.

"I'm just happy. Very happy."

He gave me a side smile and kissed me.

"This is the best day ever." I told him.

"I have a surprise for you. We have to walk to the front."

"Akeem more surprises?! What else is it?!" I asked excitedly.

We walked around the house to the front yard. It was a Rubicon 4door Jeep Wrangler all white with a huge  red big bow on the top.

I was speechless. I looked at Akeem and slapped him on his arm.

"You really got me a truck?!" I asked him shocked.

"This is what you wanted right ?!" He asked

"After all of the fussing, I didn't think you would even consider it. Omg I'm speechless...... it's so cute." I said walking to the truck. " It looks like a Barbie truck. Mulan we going to be in the streets na." I said as I played with Mulan in Akeem's arms.

"I didn't say all of that now." Akeem explained "You're free to go but I have to know your whereabouts. No exception Riley Ross. "

He dangled the keys in my face as I sat in the drivers seat.

"Now. Do we have a deal before I give you these keys?" He asked me.

I smacked my lips and rolled my eyes at him.

"I should have known it was something. But !! Oh well I'll take it." I said smiling.

"Good girl!"

____________________________________
Night time was approaching cleaners were just about done taking down the wedding decor and cleaning the inside of the house.

"I got you somethings for Valentine's Day" I told Akeem showing him the gifts that I bought.

"You didn't have to do this. Um. You got a lil taste Ma." He said examining the Rolex. " how much you paid for all of this? I don't remember the notifications coming to my phone."

"Here you go... I paid with my own money actually."

"What I tell you about that Riley. You shouldn't touch your money. What's mine is yours."

"And what's mine is yours." I responded

"Nah that's different. Put your money up in case of emergencies. If something was to happen to me you'll be straight. I already have money put to the side for you and Mulan that plus yours... Both of y'all should be able to survive off of that for years maybe even life".

"What do you mean if something happens?!"

"I can't live forever Ma" he said playing with Mulan.

"No. I know that but.... what kind of career you have Akeem? You haven't told me. You keep everything to yourself. You are swimming in money tooo much if you ask me. Tell me."