Chapter 32: 😻

Akeem's POV

I pulled up to a nearby Target to go shopping for Mulan and Riley. I didn't know shit about a baby but I googled the shit and they told me what to get. I haven't been back to the house yet because I've been back and forth through the hallway. Riley wasn't doing so good mentally. She couldn't sleep and she always wanted me around. Mulan had to be looked after, I wanted her to be comfortable around me when she was discharged. Riley wasn't getting out of the Hospital no time soon .... probably in a few weeks or so.
Riley didn't want to deal with, look at, or even hold Mulan for some reason. The psychologist that visited her told me it was due to her mental state rn she would adjust eventually. I hope so ... I was ready for us to be a family. I want shit to be normal. Riley been through so much shit tho.... I know recovering for her would be hard and long.
I was still dressed in a black muscle shirt and my black basketball shorts looking like a straight bum. Fuck it. I had to tend to the girls rn. I strolled down the baby aisle picking up everything I saw. Fuck it we might need it. I got 5 boxes of huggies for now. I picked up some bottles. I saw a breast pump for breastfeeding. I watched a YouTube video, Old lady was talking about this shit was the best way to go so I got one. Riley gonna have to pump at least. The cart was filled to capacity but I wasn't even nearby done with my shopping. I needed a car seat and other shit. I picked out hella clothes for Mulan. My baby was going to be right. I picked up almost everything I saw with "Daddy" on it.

"Excuse me Akeem?!!"

I turned around like who tf is this....

"Wtf are you doing ?

It was Trish ass.

"Tf it look like" I said going down another aisle.

She followed behind me mad as hell.

"You been ignoring me for days nigga... tf is going on" she yelled.

"I been busy mane. Gone with all that".

She looked in my cart pulling shit out.

"Wtf is this Akeem. You buying baby shit?! Wtf ?! you got some bitch pregnant or something".

She started to cause a scene. Trying to avoid anything else I politely grabbed my shit out of her hands and pushed my cart to the cashier. She followed behind me.... I started setting my things on the counter to be rung up. Trish stood behind me quiet shaking her head. I started to get annoyed with her.

"Your total is $876.98 sir" the cashier said.

I paid for my things and put my bags in the cart.

"Are you forreal?!"

"Look Trish you starting to piss me off go on about your business before I hurt yo damn feelings b"

"Fuck you nigga" she said walking away

I didn't even gave a fuck about Trish... I was using her ass to get what I needed and her dumb ass fell for it....

I packed the truck and pulled out. I made sure to check my surrounding just in case Trish was trying to fucking follow me. Riley and Mulan wasn't at the Hospital she worked at so I wasn't worried about that.

I pulled up at the Hospital I took up some clothes and a silk dress I picked up at Target for Riley. I went to see Riley first. She was still up sitting in the dark. I called out her name letting her know I was back. I cut on the dim lights and Riley was under the covers shaking. It really hurt me to see her like that. I slowly pulled the covers back trying not to scare her. When she realized it was me she reached for my arm and gripped it tightly.

"It's okay Riley, you're safe now"

She shook her head no. She couldn't really move around to much due to the scar on her stomach.

"You're sleepy" I asked.

She nodded her head. Lately, Riley would wake up screaming or having panic attacks so she really didn't get as much sleep. I looked at her hair. The beautiful natural black hair she once had was gone. Due to the damage and scarring the doctors cut it all off. She was bald now. Her face was still swollen but it looked better than it did when we first found her. I made sure that the nurses removed all of the mirrors in the room. I just didn't want Riley to see herself like this. She was still beautiful to me. Nothing made me feel less of her. I was just happy she was alive.

I laid next to Riley in the Hospital bed until she fell asleep. I kissed her head and held her tightly so she would feel secure.

A nurse walked in the room carrying Mulan. She noticed Riley was finally sleeping. She asked me did I want her to come back but I told her it was okay. She handed Mulan over to me and a baby bottle. Mulan was making little baby noises... I kissed her cheeks and played with her chubby hands. She was daddy's baby. I feed her and changed her diaper. Riley was so tired that she didn't even wake up like I thought she would. This was the longest I had ever seen her sleep since she's been back. I played with Mulan until she fell asleep in my arms. I put a onesie on her and laid her down on my chest. I had my girls and it was the best feeling ever.