Chapter 36:🤷🏾‍♀️

3 months later ....

Riley's POV

Mulan was always crying for some reason. She was so spoiled rotten, she only did this shit when Akeem was out. Today we were going to her doctors appointment and mine also. We had to wait til Akeem got back of course. He didn't like us leaving the house without him, not even to the store. It was irritating sometimes but I understood why he was like that. Mulan couldn't go to daycare or have a babysitter b/c he would always say "ion trust these bitches out here". It was just no getting around him.

I stood in the room mirror and took a picture of Mulan and I. I posted it on Instagram. Akeem didn't know that I got back on Instagram either I didn't want to hear his mouth about it. Somehow I had gotten Instagram famous.... I was supposed to have been dead. I even had to mute the damn comments. Shit was so annoying.....

Akeem texted me letting me know he was outside. I picked up Mulan's diaper bag and we headed out. I got a beep on my phone from Instagram....

Monica messaged me and ask could we meet up. I hesitated to reply b/c every time I brought up Monica Akeem would spass out talking about "she ain't a real friend to me" or "if she cared why haven't she came to check up on me" or just plain ole "fuck that bitch".

Akeem really didn't want me to have a life anymore. I've been going to therapy and everything so I could get back on track mentally... trying to prove to him that I can handle myself.

I replied. "Yeah sure"

"Come to Gerald's Seafood and Bar tomorrow at 11:30pm"

"Okay" I sent

Akeem was rapping the lyrics to some future song. I turned down the radio and he looked at me funny.

"What I tell you about touching my radio lady?"

"Akeem, when can I get my own car?" I said pouting

"Where you need to go Riley? I take you everywhere you need to go".

" I just want my own car. I can get it with my own money".

"Yo own money?! Riley you tripping. You don't need a car besides I'm not ready for you to be going off by yourself no way. It's dangerous out here. You still having panic attacks out of the blue. Yo anxiety is still bad asf. Mane you just ain't ready. "

"What about me going back to college ? Maybe I want to get a job or something. You don't let me do anything but stay in the house. Shit is boring. I can't even take Mulan outside without you all up my ass. Bad shit happen to everybody. I'll just run the fuck away with Mulan".

"You talking out the side of yo neck now. You need to stfu before you piss me off. You rich asf my money is your money you don't need a job. You can go to college online or some shit. You really acting like a fucking kid rn so shutup".

"But I ..."

"Drop the shit!!" Akeem interrupted me before I could even get my sentence out.

I starred at the side of his big ass head as long as I could. If looks could kill he would have been dead asf. Tears escaped my eyes. I didn't want to cry but I was pissed off.

We pulled up to the private department. I checked Mulan and I in, we waited in the lobby for our names to be called. Akeem was playing with Mulan, she was all smiles and shit cooing like she had never seen the nigga before. I rolled my eyes in jealousy. I was still upset at him and I wanted to be far away from him as possible rn but I knew that shit wasn't going to happen. My appointment was at 8:00 and Mulan"s was for 9:30. A nurse came out and called my name. We got up and she escorted us to a room.

"I need you to take off your bottoms and lay up here. The doctor would be right with you shortly"

"Yes ma'am". I said being polite.

"You gonna step out nigga?!" I asked Akeem with an attitude.

He simply looked up at me and raised his top lip. He started back playing with Mulan ignoring me.

I got out of my pants and panties and waited for the doctor to get back in. Finally, after 10 minutes she came in.

I had to spread my legs so she could check my stitches and things.

"They all have dissolved away. Which is good. Everything has healed properly. You are free to do whatever you want, just take it easy as possible. You don't want to tear anything again. Sex is fine but try not to be too rough".

She released us and left out of the room. I put on my clothes and we went back into the lobby to wait on Mulan's appointment.

During Mulan's appointment. The doctor told us that we were over feeding Mulan. She was indeed chubby as hell but her dad was big asf. Akeem has so much to say as we left the doctors office.

"Ugly muthafka don't know wtf he talking about. My baby ain't fat". He said examining Mulan. "She just healthy.

I laughed at him because he was so crazy over her. Mulan was perfect in his eyes.

"My baby gone eat... fuck what he talking about". He said driving out of the parking lot.
____________________________________
The next night ....

I cooked a big dinner for us, I was bored so I went all out. I cooked some soul food greens, cornbread, macaroni, steak, sweet potatoes, fried chicken, and I made peach cobbler. Akeem dug in almost eating up half the damn food. He loved my cooking. Plus he was high so he had the damn munchies. I didn't eat yet I fed Mulan and put her to sleep. I took her upstairs and put her down in our bed. Akeem went up as well, getting in the bed, he started to watch tv. I heard snoring and knew he was out. I thought about the met up with Monica. I was kind of scared to sneak off but I got over my self. I'm grown I can do what I want.

I walked quietly down stairs and grabbed Akeem's keys to his BMW. My heart started to pound in my chest. "I'll just go for an hour and come back no big deal" I said to myself. I pulled out the drive way and drove to my destination. My anxiety started to kick in but I got myself together quickly as I could. I pulled up to the small restaurant and I noticed Monica's car parked in the back. I walked into the restaurant and noticed Monica sitting in the far back secluded. I walked over and she embraced me with a big hug. Tears started to form in my eyes because I missed my best friend. I was so happy to see her. We sat down and she started catching up with me. I told her About what happened to me and she got very silent.

"Riley you can't let anyone know that you met me here.." Monica stated

"why not ?" i asked her concerned

"It's a lot Riley and I'm not ready to explain it to you just yet ...."