Chapter 22: Pain💢

Akeem's POV
1 month later....

I've been laying in my bed for days. A nigga just ain't been feeling it. My guilt is slowly eating me up inside . I can't lie I know this is my fault. I can feel it. I haven't been able to eat nor sleep over this shit.

Things have actually been running smoothly back at the warehouse. We haven't had word on wtf could have happened. I've left Travis in charge of everything until I felt like coming back. My mind just ain't in it.

I scrolled through my phone looking at pictures of Riley and I. Pictures I snuck and took of her. She was beautiful man. She was different. She was mine. And now she's gone. The polices have been trying to question a nigga for days but I don't fuck with the polices. Never have and never will. I know if I don't comply them muthkas are sure to try to frame me for that shit since it was "arson". Fuck the police I was gone deal with this shit myself. They wasn't going to solve shit like any other murder in the streets. If you wasn't white they didn't care. You are just another dead muthafka. Life goes on.

I just can't pull myself to get up and face this shit. It hurts too much. I jumped in the shower and readied myself to go out for today. Shit was just moving too slow for me. With the pigs out the way I could do wtf I had to do. I got in my car and drove to were Riley's house was. I pulled from my blunt deeply to calm my self for what I was about to see. Pulling up, the big bricked house that used to stand tall was burned down to the ground. It was still surrounded by Yellow tape. Only thing that was still intact was her porch and the front door. Looking around the premises I heard a noise. I was about to walk behind the house, I instantly pulled out my gun ready to fuck whoever it was up. As I edged my way around the corner it was Ace. I sighed to myself. He started to purr and rub his head on my shoe. I hate cats but he was the last thing that reminded me of Riley. I picked him up but noticed he was standing on an small outside camera that must have fell down during the fire. I remembered having extra cameras put up because I wanted Riley to be safe and I wanted to keep an eye on her. "How tf did I forget" I thought to myself.

I brought Ace along with me, I wasn't going to leave him there by hisself. I needed some company honestly. As I drove off, I couldn't help but to think maybe I could go back on the cameras before this shit happened I stopped at the warehouse where Travis and the others were holding a meeting. Couldn't hurt to try.

I went straight to my office. I was looking at the cameras and noticed Monica was in the front room. That's some shit I didn't allow but since Travis trusted her I let it slide. I walked down stairs and let them know that I need to see them in my office when they got done with everything.

Thomas was the first one to come down.

"Wassup nigga, you good fam" he reached out to shake my hand.

"Yeah... I just came here to check some shit out" I responded with my eyebrows furrowed.

Tre, Travis , and Monica walked in.

"Why you here?!" I asked Monica

Travis butted in before she could respond " She been with me every since That shit went down, I think we can trust her"

"You decided that shit ???.... Not I" I shot back.

"No disrespect Akeem but you haven't even been running this bitch for months.. I been here ... doing wtf you supposed to be doing." Travis said " seems like you getting a little soft to me ".

" I don't give a fuck nigga... this my shit at the end of the day. So fuck you and whoever has something to say about it" I stood up looking around the room " let's not forget".

"Y'all need to chill out" Tre advised. "Akeem we know you have a lot of shit going on. Travis you can't overstep your boundaries, we in this shit together mane"

Travis stepped back with his hands in the air. "Whatever".

"I came here because We need to get to the bottom of this shit. Somebody burned down Riley shit. She doesn't know anyone but us and she didn't know about the shit that we do... so whoever did the shit must wanted blood from us ... but who?!"

"I can't even think of who it would be... shit been having me on the edge lately... who tf they gonna go after next" Travis said.

"I don't know but they fucking with the right muthafkas, I went to Riley's house and stumbled up on one of her cameras in the back yard. I forgot that I put up extra cameras for security reasons. I think we can look back and check em before they went out."

Thomas stroked his beard for a second. " we actually could go online and do it you still know the passwords and shit"

Thomas was kind of a computer geek. The nigga was smart when it came to shit like this. He could get into almost anything.

Finally, he was able to get into the system. Riley pulled up at her house ... taking bags out of the car and she didn't close the door behind her. A couple of niggas big and small walked up to the door. I couldn't make out there faces but Thomas zoomed in  and took pictures of them before they put their masks on.

"Change the camera" I told Thomas

He did as he was told and the scene that they saw took them all by surprise. They were beating Riley like a nigga. I couldn't stomach that shit. I instantly got pissed off.  Monica started to cry and shit.

"Mane wtf?!" Tre yelled out

Riley attempted to run but she was tackled to the ground. I sat there quietly taking all of this shit in. I blood started to boil. When they started to stump her, I turned my head b/c I didn't want to see that shit. I got up out my chair about to walk out.

"Akeem look at this shit" Travis yelled to me.

One of the bigger guys put Riley over his shoulders. I don't know if she was dead or not but she was limp. He walked outside the door and put her inside of a black truck. The license plate could be seen.

"Dumb muthafkas" I spat out.

Thomas snapped a picture of the truck.

They went back in destroying everything and that's when one of the niggas burned down all her shit.

"I gotta go" Monica yelled out running for the door.

"Wtf is up with her" Tre asked Travis

"Better go check yo bitch before she go yapping her mouth" Thomas said to Travis.

"See that shit " I pointed at Travis

"Y'all chill tf out I'll handle this shit" Travis spat back walking out of the room.

I felt a little better that Riley could possibly still be alive & I was going to get her back by all means .....