Chapter 38: 😪

Riley's POV

I felt like complete shit. Akeem left out of the house and hasn't been back all day. I felt ungrateful I knew why he was like this but I just wasn't thinking clearly. What was so bad about Monica ?! I didn't understand. She didn't even get to tell me what she wanted to tell me.
I put Mulan down in her rocker while she watched cartoons. I had been calling and texting Akeem's phone all day. He wasn't responding or anything. I knot was in my throat and I was out of tears. I tried calling again to no prevail. I sent another message "Please Answer Me Akeem!!". I didn't want to go crazy so I went in the kitchen to get dinner started. It was starting to get dark outside. I looked at the time 7:25pm. Dinner was ready. It's was now 9:56pm. Still no Akeem. I messaged him again. "I cooked dinner are you coming home?" I waited for him to reply. Hours had passed and still no answer. I sat at the table with Mulan hoping to hear the door open. I felt the warm tears coming down my eyes again. I went upstairs to start our bath. It was going on midnight. Akeem still didn't respond or call me back. After the bath and a nice feeding Mulan was out. I put her in my bed and put the covers over her bottom. I haven't slept without Akeem by my side since I've been here. I didn't want to sleep because I knew the nightmares would come back. So I stayed up .... waiting.... and waiting. The clock read 4:56am still Akeem wasn't home. The sun was starting to rise so I took a slight nap before Mulan woke up.

____________________________________
Akeem's POV

I had just left the strip club with Rash. I was drunk and high. Rash was talking shit to some broad. I laughed at his wild ass. I heard a knock at my window ... it was some chicken head looking for some dick.

"Can I come with y'all" she said seductively.

"I'm good Ma" I told her

"Fuck yeah you can come fuck what he talking about" Rash yelled from the drivers seat.

She got into the back seat her and the girl Rash was talking to earlier. 

"Aye drop me off at the warehouse"

Pulling up.

"Aye don't catch nothing" I told Rash

"They don't call me Rash for nothing " he spat back laughing.

I laughed at his filthy ass. I got into my truck went into the glove department and reached for my phone. I had 20 missed calls and 13 messages from Riley. I left my phone in the truck purposely. I didn't want to be bothered with Riley. I went to check the cameras on my phone to see what they were doing. They were still in the bed sleep. I loved them but certain shit I was not about to tolerate. I was getting too soft. I could feel it. I felt bad for leaving Riley and not coming home. Especially with the condition she was in. I felt bad asf.

So I drove home......