Chapter 23:Clarity

Akeem and Travis were patrolling the block checking the local dope dealers that sold for them. Akeem was silent the entire car ride. Travis didn't take it personal knowing what his nigga was going through right now. Attempting to break the silence, Travis turned down the radio and gave Akeem a sharp look.

"What nigga?" Akeem said looking dumbfounded

"Monica been acting weird asf lately, I haven't talked to her in weeks. Something is just not sitting right wit me"

He shook his head looking out of the window.

"I thought you said you trusted her Travis".

"I do but now it's hard to... she ain't never pulled no shit like this before, that bitch either just don't want to be bothered or her ass know something".

"You just might be getting at something shit ... the way she ran out of the trap slick pissed me off Ain wanna say shit b/c that's yo bitch and all". Akeem said stroking his beard. " If she does ... no disrespect but she won't make it out of this shit alive".

"I know man I'm with you on that!" Travis agreed

"I think she may still be alive.. what if the body they found was just a dummy or some shit. They never called me to even examine the body"

" I thought about that shit too" Travis responded "This a fucking set up".

"Thomas told me he was going to get back with me on the license plate and shit. Shit just moving too slow for me I'm ready for something to shake.. if she is alive ain't no telling wtf they doing to her". Akeem said trying to shake the tears that were forming.

"Mane I never seen you this soft... you must really loved Riley. No gay shit but I noticed how happy she made you ".

"Hell yeah nigga .. she was different. She made me feel things I never felt. I knew I was going to marry her one day, we were going to have kids and shit ,move in together , shit was going to be real sweet. But some bitch took her from me Travis. A nigga slick going crazy behind this shit. She even got a nigga cuddling with a fucking cat".

Travis chucked a bit "A cat? What cat?!"

"Hahaha Hell yeah while I went to look at Riley's house I found Ace there. That was the last reminder I had of her so I took him with me". Akeem explained.

"If she alive, we are gonna find her for sho" Travis assured him. They shook hands....