Chapter 47: 😧

"Hey. We are good. Mulan just has a fever and she's not feeling well".

"Awww. She's a beauty. I never seen a baby so beautiful. She looks like someone I know but I can't put a finger on it."

"She looks like her daddy actually. Well that's where she gets her weight from. She's a big girl."

Mulan smiled at the lady showing her deep dimples. Mulan's cheeks were so chubby that when she smiled her eyes nearly closed.

"Wow. Hey mama. You're going to let me check your temperature?" She said cooing at Mulan.

Mulan sat and let Ms.Walker do her job.

Riley sat and talked to Trish and they hit it off very well. Riley actually likes the woman she seemed smart, fun, and laid back.

Trish examines the necklace around Mulan's neck which read "Mulan Ross". This must be Akeem's baby it has to be. She looks too much like him. She thought to herself.

"Hey. Your name is Riley Ross right?"

"Yes ma'am."

Trish handed over some papers that she had to sign to be discharged. The doctor is out but he wanted me to give you this. Mr.Ross called him ahead of time letting him know that Mulan had a fever. He sent over the prescription for her.

"Akeem is always ahead of everyone else." Riley said lowly slightly annoyed.

"Akeem Ross??" Trish asked

"Ummm. yes that's my husband." Riley threw that out there.

"I know him from club Xcape. He has one of the hottest clubs in the city girl."

Trish tried to throw Riley off so she wouldn't expect anything.

"Yes. I know but I don't even go there. I'm always in the house."

"Girl. You should get out more. Maybe if you're free we could go get drinks or something. I'm a loner too."

"That'll be great. I'd love too you seem like a pretty decent person to hang with. "

"Same here. You can call me Titi that's what my friends call me. Here here's my number."

"I'll be in touch." Riley said walking out of the room.

____________________________________

"This nigga done went off and got married" Trish said snatching the papers off the counter." How fucking dare he. Used me to find this bitch and left me !!"

She talked to herself in the small room pacing the floor.

"Two can play this fucking game. "

____________________________________

Riley picked up Mulan's medicine from the Pharmacy. She dialed Akeem up.

"Hey. We are done. Where you want to meet ? I have a taste for Waffle House".

"Bet. I'll meet you there.

Riley pulled up to the restaurant and sat down. Mulan sat in her car seat in the booth close to the window. She didn't trust those nasty high chairs.

"Hey babies." Akeem walked in giving Riley a kiss on her cheek."

"How was your meeting?"

"Stressful. I have to go out of town this weekend on a business trip to Manhattan."

"Oh really ? What about me and Mulan? We need a vacation."

"No. Can't go with me on the round. This is strictly business. "

"Whatever. I'm not trying to sound childish or anything but I met a friend girl today. Her name is Titi. She's cool. She invited me out for drinks." Riley sound excited.

"Hmmm. I don't know about that Riley." Akeem shook his head in disapproval.

"Whyyyyy? I can't have friends now. Wtf Akeem?"

"I just got you back and I'm scared to let go right now. I don't trust shit Riley. You know this."

Riley didn't say anything back she just frowned her face up and ate her waffle.

"Okay Riley. Go ahead. Fuck it. "

I smiled crept on Riley's face. She broke a piece of the waffle off and put it in Mulan's mouth.

"My baby wants a bigger piece than that Riley. Tf was that?"

"She's a baby Akeem. "

"I have to go and handle something. Go home after your finished. I'll see you back at the house." Akeem said getting from the table.

He laid $20 bill on the table and walked out.

____________________________________